Need Help with Vitamin Intake

EbonyEyes

Can you tell me if I am taking enough of the following vitamins?

I plan on taking daily:

1 Centrum or One-A-Day
500 mg of L-Cysteine
2 mg of Biotin
1 B-50 Complex Vitamin
2000 mg of Vitamin C
1000 mg of MSM

I know some folks take 5 mg of Biotin, 1500-2000 mg of L-Cysteine, and 2000 mg of MSM but do I really need to take that much to signficantly increase my hair growth?

I'm trying to save as much money as possible and not over do it with the vitamins.

Thanks in advance,

Ebony

JenJen2721

Your vitamin regimen looks pretty good...it's best to start off small and increase gradually if you find you need more. Especially with the MSM, you probably don't want to start off taking anymore than 1000 mg.

vevster

Just that a nutritionist said that 5mg. is the theraputic dose for biotin. However, that is for folks w/ thinning hair. If you just want your hair to grow faster you don't have to do that much biotin.

Plus, I'm sorry but I don't have faith in Centrum vits. I heard they don't dissolve. There is a test to know for sure.. but check this out

>> I work in a Radiology dept of a hospital, so you can imagine we get a large # of folks with belly pain. When the x-rays are developed, you can see undigested/undissolved vitamin pills in their intestines. I've worked here 13 years and I cannot begin to count how often this shows up. (and One a day vitamins are notorious for this, followed by other national brands like Centrum)
<<

Put the supplement in a glass of water it should dissove within and hour. If it doesn't it won't dissove in YOU.

Shinka

Isn't true that some vitamins are fat soluble, isn't that why centrum suggest you take it with food? I wll do the test on centrum and let you know what I find

Shinka

in less than 5 mintues my centrum vitamin dissolves in about 4 ounces of tap water, I always like centrum and my grnadma has used it and recommended it for her grand children for years