NEED HELP!!!! Trying to STRAIGHTEN my NATURAL HAIR!!!!

sweetpeadee

Okay, so I plan to straighten my hair around Thanksgiving :gorgeous: but when I used try straighening my hair, I got nothing but a puffy...puff (for lack of better words!). Last year, after going to a Dominican salon in Columbia, SC, (around Thanksgiving '09 and Christmas '09) I suffered heat damage, so I have sworn of others doing (esp. straightening) my hair. I really want to master straightening my own hair with out getting a puffy, frizzy mess or stringy, burnt mess!!! So its up to me....with the help of my LHCF fam!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

I have several questions for naturals who straighten their hair:

1. What products do you use BEFORE, DURING and AFTER straightening your hair?

2. How do you straighten your hair? Blow dryer, flat iron, both? Step-by-step processes are MORE THAN WELCOME!!!! As are pics!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!

Bun Mistress

I would look at nonie's link. for me the key was a very good DC the night before Shampoo, make sure that there is no oil on your hair.Condition again(my first DC has oil and is a moisture DC, the second is usually Aveda DR). Then is small sections detangle, blowdry(tension method, thena brush once 80% dry. Then I flat iron with the comb chase method. It's not easy and when I do it it takes a while to dry. When my style doesnt she can do it in under two hours, me around 4. But this is how I get perm straight hair. And also, Always use a heat protectant. Cant say that enough and limt your pre flat iron products to two your heat protectant and a leave in. The leave in should not contain an oil. Aveda DR line has a leave in that is also a heat protectant. It is a detangler too. I have alsoused morrocan oil in the past and the smooth line. Hope this gets you started.

sweetpeadee

Thanks julzinha , Nonie, @ Bun Mistress and @ LuvlyRain3!!!

Does anyone about straightening NATURAL hair with curler and sitting under a blow dryer? Trying for as little heat/ possible heat damage as possible! I know BostonMaria has used this method before! Any, and all, input greatly appreciated!!!