I'm trying to straighten my natural hair...

bellydancer

I recently bought a maxiglide. I really just want to straighten my hair so I can wrap it and throw it under my new lacefront wig. What can I put on my hair to get it bone straight (and don't say a relaxer!:naughty: :spank: )? I thought there was a product that helped smooth your hair with the help of heat. Maybe I'm just dreaming. I'll post pictures if it turns out alright. Thanks ladies...
~bellydancer~

bellydancer

this looks good, but I want to hear your suggestions first...
This is Tresemme Heat Tamer

I use shea butter, Dudley's Cream Press I heard is good too, but I've never used it though. If you are going to use a flatiron, straightening your hair in small sections works the best.

angellazette

I'm not sure if this would be a good rec., but blowdrying then flat ironing may help. Maybe some natural ladies who have experience doing both at once can what products they use.

P

patient1

I flatironed my hair recently with an el cheapo flat iron. (I'm a long time natural). I've rarely straightened over the years but felt like i wanted to do a trim on straight hair ( a precision trim if you will).

I used went between raw shea and wild growth oil on small sections of blow dried hair. I got it bone straight. I don't know how long it would have lasted though because i washed it back straight the next day.

hth,
P1

bellydancer

thanks ladies!

Patient... are you 4a/b?

I'm going to flat iron REALLY small sections. like 3 hairs at a time. ok i'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean.

P

patient1

Hi All:

BellyD,

Honestly, I don't know what my hair type is. I know that my curl pattern is not the tightest in most areas. I call it kinky curly. Hope that helps.

Yep, wildgrowth oil is good stuff.

P1

Happy2BNappy

I used a ceramic flat iron. It got my hair really straight!!!! But I got scared; once I washed my hair, my hair didn't really revert back to coily. It took about 3 or 4 weeks (with washing and wearing twist) for it to return back to its' orginal state.

kristina

I've got to try the wgho. I have a maxiglide and I get my kinky hair pretty darn straight with it so long as I made small sections. I'm still missing the effect of a hard press but my hair lays pretty flat.

Xcellence2

I use the Ion Heat protectant and an oil sheen on each small section. Also, I would suggest braiding your hair and airdrying it prior to flatironing. Once I braid my hair, my roots are STRAIGHT and all I have to worry about is the length of the hair.

Ntrlmystik

Aveda antihumectant hair pomade is great. When I used to press my hair w/ this stuff, I used to have to wash my presses out. I have 4 A/B hair.