Need help straightening my ends

rafikichick92

Everytime I straighten my hair (I'm natural), the last inch or so of my hair just will not get straight. It/my ends stay rough and scraggly looking, not straight/sleek like the rest of my hair.

I can't figure out why this is happening. I've not had this happen is when a hairdresser used a pressing comb on it (when I do it myself I just blowdry then flatiron) but I can't use a pressing comb and I prefer to do my hair myself for free.

I also know it's not that I need a trim because I had my hair straightened and trimmed, then when I straightened it a month later, my ends were already ugly and scraggly again.

I just hate it because otherwise my hair has swing, is shiny, full, and strong. Only the ends are a problem.

Any one else have this problem or know how to fix it? :wallbash:

SweetCaramel1

it's probably because it's hard to get tension (which helps straighten your hair) on the very ends.

try rollersetting your hair with big rollers and setting lotion/heat protectant on the ends- which will help to get your ends straight. then flatiron into your desired style.

it should be a lot easier to straighten your hair and you'll cut back on some of the direct heat

Nina_deF

Do a "comb chase".

Place comb below flat iron on the section of hair and pull it through.
I use a Denman paddle brush and it makes my ends smooth.

adw425

I had this problem with my titanium and hot tool flat irons. Once I bought the Maxiglide, my ends came out nice and smooth, my guess because of the teeth, so I recommend the comb-chase method as well.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
to get my ends pin straight, three things:
-they must be freshly trimmed
-really good blowdry
-comb chase method

BrownEyez22

Try the comb and chase method, that's how I get my ends straight. I had the same thing happen to me, when I first did my BC and tried to flatiron.

Here's pics of some old flatiron results and a puff for texture reference.
puffagain12-22-09.JPG

flatiron24_09-vi.jpg

updatesjuly-vi.jpg

Edit to add: I use a small tooth carbon comb

Last edited: