obsessed with ends!!!!!!!!!!

Ayeshia

hey guys i noticed that since i had a horrible episode with breakage last year and i got a hair cut, (12 inches of hair cut from 18 inches) ive been obsessed with keeping my ends trimmed so i wouldnt experience the breakage anymore...like for instance i purposely look for scraggly ends and then i end up cutting off more than i intended to....does anybody else have this problem with trying to keep their ends perfect? i hope its not a form of OCD...seriously no joke.
frown.gif

I'm the reverse, I'm constantly running away from the scissors!
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I think it's normal to want to keep your ends healthy, but just know that you don't have to snip every hair you see. If you want to trim your ends every 6-8 weeks, that should keep your ends pretty healthy. Myself, I only trim if I absolutely have to, which isn't often at all.
smile.gif

i was like that too. I would trim my hair every week .
Now i actually want to grow my hair i don't want to see another pair of scissors

I have this problem now
frown.gif
. I've trimmed my hair twice since my Big Cut in Aug. Right after I took those "conditioner" pics, I headed towards my scissors are started choppin' away again. It only ended up being a small trim though. I sorta feel a lil obsession coming on... I can't really explain it. I'm just getting a bit too involved in keeping my ends manicured
fishslap.gif

I have this problem too (along with many other OCD- like problems). I've done two big chops since June! My hair does look a lot healthier, thicker and bouncier now than it did before but when I look at pictures from the past I get depressed and want my hair back. Still, I can't resist grabbing the scissors because although I want the length, I don't want that damage again. Nice to know I'm not alone!

i did- and then i decided i wasn't putting a scissor to my hair again. i used to wonder why my hair wasn't growing- turned out it was perfectly heatlthy and i was routinely "trimming" it faster than I could see results of my growth.

Maybe stop looking at your ends and see if that helps. Maybe say you'll only check them out every two months and if you need a trim, have it, if not, don't.
Good luck!

I understand where you coming from! In the past I never kept up with my trims but now it's like a must! My ends were really damaged and now I trim 6-8 weeks! I have to admit, that even though I faithfully keep up my ends, I don't need to trim as often. I decided to wait maybe 8-10 weeks, because the last time that I got it done, my hair dresser told me that I didn't need them trimmed, which is pretty much true, because I didn't! I wanted to see how much it's grown and I think that for me I should hold off a couple of weeks. But, all I can say is that you can't get them all! Also, a tip...if you haven't done this already you should apply oils at the ends of your hair to keep it from breaking and drying out.

Oooo - I went through that this time last year after I read the Proctor & Gamble hair guide. Ugh. I think I cut off at least 3 to 4 inches between October and December. And then when I went to ths salon in March and May of this year, I made SURE she trimmed my hair (even though she told me I didn't need it). and THEN I had my SIL trimmed my hair in August (when I probably didn't need it trimmed).

I going to try and hold out until at least March this time b/c I have decided to try wearing my hair in buns this winter.

Yes, I'm obsessed with my ends, too!! In fact, I just set my hair (on sponge rollers) and I couldn't resist clipping off the straggly ends on almost every piece before I rolled it!!

Every time I set my hair or do a twist-out, I feel the urge to clip off the stragglies!! After my last touch-up, when my stylist trimmed off more than I wanted him to, I made a promise to myself not to touch my hair with the scissors at all until my next touch-up, but I go 4 whole months between touchups!! It's been about 8 weeks now, and already I'm clipping!!
whyme.gif

hmm maybe ill get braids or sumthing just so i wont have to look at my hair, and it'll keep me from bothering it....but I guess i'll start tonite...no more scissors!...if i want to cut something ill cut my dogs hair...lol he's not trying to achieve length!

lol @ ayeshia....poor doggy! lol hes going to be like "i dont need a trim. i've been moisturizing and protective styling. I hate scissor happy owners!" LOL

It can get obsessive. I can remember many times sitting at my computer with my scissors in hand just clipping away at my ends. I even used to do it at work and if I'd hear someone coming, I'd toss the scissors away! Things are better now b/c 1)I really don't have any split ends so there's nothing to cut and 2)I wear my hair back every day which keeps me from looking at my hair all of the time for split ends and no easy access to them!

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
1)I really don't have any split ends so there's nothing to cut

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I'm waiting for the day when I can say that!! I think I'm still dealing with thin ends from my highlights last year.
ohwell.gif
I really cannot wait til all that damaged hair is gone and I just have a head full of healthy hair!!
smile.gif

I don't were my hair out as much because I am afraid of the air coming by and sucking the moisture out of my locks
sekret.gif
. I don't wear it down to work because, Who am I trying to impress there?? They aren't worth the dry ends.
spinning.gif

[ QUOTE ]
caralexis2005 said:
lol @ ayeshia....poor doggy! lol hes going to be like "i dont need a trim. i've been moisturizing and protective styling. I hate scissor happy owners!" LOL [/quote
rofl.gif

aren't there people who dont believe in trims at all? Im natural, and a friend gasped when i told her i was trying to trim every six weeks. she said trimming twice a year or so was appropriate. My hair has been healthy, but I've never seen any real length because I took (obsessive) regular trimming into my own hands. So i got a trim in Feb. and another in September. I went to a dominican salon for a blowout, and she trimmed maybe 3/4 of an inch. maybe. So by deciding on infrequent trims in general, I've saved inches that i would have obsessively cut off myself. Its mind over matter- tell yourself you are taking care of your hair, it is healthy and beautiful. You'll know when its time to trim your ends- your hair will tell you.

Back