Need a product to use with my flat iron

scorpian

I need help from anyone out there who flat irons their hair.I use my original Chi iron or my Solia and my Stove iron to smooth my hair
My hair is relaxed and when I flat iron it I want it to have a nice shine without being greasy or weighed down.I need something for the finished look.My hair is extra thick!!:eek:
I have the following serums:
Biosilk Silk therapy(too much alcohol!!)
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum(Looks nice day one looks greasy day two)
NTM Serum and Leave in cream(Did nothing for my hair no matter how little or much I used and I tried it on wet and dry hair)
Pink Oil Moisturizer glosser(looks nice but breaks my forehead out after a few days.Too much oil)
Proclaim glosser(waste of money!! did nothing for my hair)
Dudley cream press(ok but the shine doesn't last long)
Any suggestions??I'm determined to try till I get it right:grin:

HoneyDew

Keracare Silken Seal is the best, IMO, but can be too expensive if you use a lot (like me :) ).

I make my own mixture with about 45% Cyclomethicone, 45% Dimethicone and 10% Heap Seed oil and I LOVE IT.
(I bought my oils on Ebay, but I got the idea from http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/silicone_use.html)

Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide is another great one, but I had to stop because I was getting flakes when I used it. :ohwell:

But, I put these on wet hair before I dry it and then flatiron w/o any additional product.
I used it once on dry hair before flatironing and my hair was not as soft and shiny.

PrettyBrownEyes

I agree with Honey Dew, apply your product(s) to wet hair if that isn't what you've tried already. The exception is with Dudley Creme Press.

For me I apply a serum to wet hair before blow drying and then apply a bit of Dudley's Creme Press to dry hair before flat ironing.

By the way, how do you like the Solia? I am thinking about purchasing it.

scorpian

Thank you I will try these tips:) The Solia is a great iron.When I first purchased it my hair wasn't as healthy as it is now and i didn't need to use the stove iron to smooth it before flat ironing.Now that my hair is healthier and stronger(Picture Oprah's texture but cut short) I have to use the stove iron to smooth it out and then use the Solia to style it cause the Solia on it's highest temperature was just not enough to tame this hair:grin: My three cousins are half Spanish and the Solia works great on their hair all by itself.They all have naturally curly hair ranging from the oldest girl who has thick curls(Tracee Ellis Ross),to the middle girl who has a softer curl that can easily be blow dried straight(Essence Atkins) I use the Solia on her for finishing.The youngest girl has a mixture of both of these textures.I'm still trying to find a flat iron that I can use on my hair that eliminates the need for the stove iron:confused:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Fantascia IC serum.. I agree w/applying the oils to wet hair, air dry then flar iron. I like to use coconut, and jojoba oils on wet wet hair then I rollerset, but I'm sure the results would be just as good if flat ironed. HTH's

scorpian

my hair is relaxed
My new growth comes in fast and it is thick and my hair is cut short so the new growth makes the relaxed hair stick up and out if I don't flat iron it:eek:

Dudleys cream press can be purchased at dudley.com online store or sheldeez.com

PrettyBrownEyes

The reason I asked is because I don't see why you need to use a stove iron and a ceramic flat iron.

Have you tried blow drying your hair 1st with a comb attachment to straighten the new growth some?

scorpian

I wrap my hair and either air dry or use a hooded dryer.

i use a denman brush and I have used a comb attachment the flat iron by itself just doesn't do anything to my hair anymore it looks like I never attempted to style it:mad: Even when I was going to the hair salon my stylist had to use the large bumpers on the stove before she flat ironed my hair with her Chi iron:(

so1913

ION Flat Ironing Protectant Spray (Sally's)

BBD Flat Ironing Lotion (www.bigbadd.com)

PinkAngel

I like to use Keracare Silken Seal or Beyond the Zone's Turn Up the Heat w/ my CHI, neither are greasy or weigh the hair down.

scorpian

thanks ladies for all of your responses:) I think I'll try the Keracare first since i used that yrs ago and it was good to my hair:D With all of the new stuff out there(I am a product junkie that's no where near recovery:lol: :lol: :lol: ) I had forgotten about the Silken Seal:perplexed That's why It's so good to have all of this support!!!;)

kim

Another good one is Vitale Body and Bounce moisture cream. It is a pressing creme or moisturizer. It is Awesome!!