NATURALS who WASH your hair DAILY????

oooop2

What is your hair type and how do you style your hair?

I am thinking about co-washing daily and wanted your input :)

TIA

Bint Yusef

I want to do this so bad but the more I wet my hair the more tangles I get. Do you all detangle every time you cowash?

Qetesh

i sometimes co-wash my hair every day. i find that rinsing my hair with warm water then putting cheapie condish on my hair and detangle with my fingers thoroughly with the cheapie in my hair.... finish washing off my body... then i rinse it out with cold water... after that i then put loads of leave in condish... which may be reg condish that i jus decide to use as a leave in... and let it air dry... this is my wash and go's u can see so in my fotki

i find that if done correctly my hair is soft and moist when dry i dont like always having wet hair tho so i switch to more like every other day and on off days i braid my hair in 2 braids and put in condish.

i hope this helps

Last edited:

MonPetite

I wash and co-wash daily. My regimen is in my journal in my fotki as well as my "Cap n Go" method that allows me to do so.:yep:

Texture? 1a 3c 4a which I fuzz successfully into a 4b-ish TWA. Curl definiton is a small price to pay for a plush, even, soft fro.

Last edited:

ManeVixen

my hair is 4b i guess but when its in its natural state i wash daily because i hate that dusty day after look however im looking for a way to preserve my have for atleast 2 days...i havent noticed any damage from that in particular however i get split ends from wearing it natural :perplexed

lsw29

I co-wash daily for wash and go's since I am rarely able to achieve second day hair. I would say my hair type is a combination of 3b, 3c, 4a and a few patches of 4b. I don't detangle every time I co-wash, but I have started detangling once a week.

So far I have not experienced any problems from doing this.

oooop2

Thanks ladies for the input. My hair is type 4a/4b and very thick, so I am worried about being prone to too many tangles if I try to wash and go daily. But I am getting tired of my twist look, so I am trying to find new styles.

choconillaprincess

I cowash/wash just about every day... wut really helps me with tangle prevention lol is wearing it parted the same way every day and when i'm under the shower my hair runs straight and i don't move it around to much... but when i wash w/poo i put it in 4 braids and massage my scalp.... i'm 3c mostly a little 3b on top... i tried the 2nd day hair thing and it wasn't for me

gmw

I am a 4a/b

I co-wash daily, and I wear my hair in box braids, twists, and puff or a straight twa, with leave in all styles Infusium 23 or Giovanni Direct.

Bunny77

I'm a 3C/4A.

I've gotten my co-washes down to a science and I find that my hair doesn't get tangled much at all during an average day, so it isn't hard to comb out.

You can see the results in my siggy. I think that was a second-day style though... sometimes I wash every other day, but in the summer, I usually go daily.

anon123

Is there anyone with hair like mine that washes every day? With hair longer than a twa? I'd like to but don't think I've ever found anyone who was successful at doing it. No, wait, I have, they wore box braids. I tried to up my washing, but it wasn't working out.

oooop2

Is there anyone with hair like mine that washes every day? With hair longer than a twa? I'd like to but don't think I've ever found anyone who was successful at doing it. No, wait, I have, they wore box braids. I tried to up my washing, but it wasn't working out.

Thanks for asking. I am curious about that also, since my hair is more the 4a/4b range, beyond SL, and tangles easily. I want to know "THEIR" secret :grin:

BrockStar

I cowash every other day during the week and all days of the weekend (so I can style it :grin:) I do wash n gos whenever I cowash and maybe i'll style the front somehow. On the days in between I usually wet the sides, put int a little leave in and put it in a puff...during the summer when i'm not working I'll prob cowash daily

4/a/b - I water rinse and scrub my scalp daily - and wear a finger combed fro. I finger detangle in the shower - and add a little moisturizer/oil to the ends. I only shampoo and comb all the way through once per week.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
4a

I co-wash daily.

Just recently I've stared shampooing every other day with CON. I plan to keep that up during the warmer months.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I'm a 3c/4a

I conditioner wash everyday. I also alternate between Curls Sublime Coconut conditioner adn the Curls Hair Tea condtioner. I have Mebco comb that I use to detangle with. I only detangle my hair when it's wet and saturated with conditioner.

vangrey

There are some gorgeous heads of hair in this thread!!!

I am 3a/b and I wash my hair daily during the warmer months
I style it by sectioning and applying a style product into my hair
I don't comb it through bc it disturbs my natural pattern

Desarae

If I try to wash my hair everyday I end up with a dried out, tangled up birds nest with unremovable knots after the 3rd day. Even If I'm co washing. I'm with Mwdezi, I tried washing frequently, I just can't do it.

DragonPearl

I am curious too.

I remember a member named BlackCardinal, she used to Co-wash daily, she had some strong hair, but I am not sure what her type really was.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I Co wash daily, add some cantu LIC and go. Right now, I have a TWA. When it grows out, I will be twisting it weekly.

Mimi22

I have 4a/b/c type hair.
I've been co-washing daily for the past week. I'm really liking it. My hair stays soft and manageable. I lose less hair :grin:

Mwdezi, I'm not APL, but I'm past SL. I find it easier to overnight with coconut oil + amla oil. Then co-wash with HE. I use a wide tooth comb every 3 days to detangle (that takes 5 mins!). I wash (ACV rinse) every 10 days. I've lost less hair this way. And my hair stays moisturised! I'm really happy with this method. My hair can easily be moulded into any style. :grin:

HTH