Naturals, what do you do when the urge...

Nope...I get out my homegirl the "Chi" flatiron and wear it straight for a few days...I haven't had that urge, and I doubt I'll every get it!

I never get the urge to relax but I do sometimes want straight hair. I either flat iron or put on a straight wig.

Completely co-signing with this. Ever since i found out i can straightener my hair without a chemical straightener, what the hell is the point? I can't even tell you the last time i thought about relaxing.

I straighten too.

Or I find a super cute style or I even braided it up.

I sometimes read the posts here and I see people literally fighting with their hair and the decision to relax.
If I ever got to the point where I was just unhappy with being natural, being sad and fighting my hair, I would relax.
I think people should do what makes them happy.
If your urges turns into a desire, please don't be unhappy with yourself in the name of "staying natural".
Just do you.

I kinda went off on a tangent, lol

true dat sis!

if ever get the urge to relax:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

i'll throw some 20inch micro's on it & walk it on out!

(but honestly, all i need to do is log on to youtuber: longhairdontcare2011)<--- steps right out of it

I get the desire but ONLY because I'm bored with my twa. I'd like a little length and it seems to be taking FOREVER lol I know I'd never do it, though. I absolutely LOVE my curls. When I get that feeling I cornrow or flat twist the front of my hair. I LOVE how flat twist look on my natural hair rather than my relaxed. They're so shiny and pretty. When I was relaxed they'd be shiny until I went to bed that night.

Not to mention my waves are GORGEOUS. I'm absolutely in LOVE my natural hair!!!

I straighten my hair or get a weave, after about a week I get tired of it, but I push to keep it another week and then I'm actually sick of straight hair and want my curls back. This causes me not to be able to keep weaves in for long.

I dont get the desire to relax; only to straighten sometimes. I just get a wig. I don't really like how my hair looks straight nowadays anyway. So I throw a wig on and take it off. Goes from straight to kinky in .5 seconds lol.

cosigning on bmp's post. my relaxed hair was wack too, AND it broke all the time. I've been on this site since forever ighting with that mess, listening to old relaxed heads, trying different products, protective styling, etc until in 2007 i finally said 'bump this mess' and started transitioning (only to cut off most of the NG during my BC anyway lol), but now my hair is longer and healthier than it has ever been when relaxed.

never looking back. when i want to straighten i will straighten. some people have really nice relaxed hair, and I can see where maybe the temptation might be there for them, but it is nonexistent in me

I'm not completely natural yet, but when I get the urge to relax, I do a Brazillian Keratin Treatment! It gives me the straight look for a couple of months, moreover it strengthens the hair as well so I don't feel like I'm making my hair worse by succumbing to a straight hairstyle.

Sometimes, I see pics on here of long lovely thick relaxed hair and think 'ah man, I want pics showing my true length. ahhh look at that shine!"

But like others have stated, I can say with 99.9% certainty that I will never relax my hair again. I think about those smelly, caustic chemicals working their way into my blood stream from my hair follicles and that's pretty much enough to scare me off for life! :shocked: :burning::hot:

Also, my hair never seemed to lay right when it was relaxed, so it's not even worth it. It didn't get straight enough unless it was being plasticized by those hot a$$ curling irons they use in salons. And it never seemed to have any body. Just no, never again! LOL

I have been on this natural journey for less than two years, I am finally all natural, and it has crossed my mind a few times, but I know that my hair is healthier now, but I usually come to LHCF for encouragement when I feel that way. Someone always helps me to stay on my natural quest.
Also for the past few months I have been keeping my hair cornrolled like. Longhairdon't care, and that has helped too.

Hell, I usually relax...then I transition again.:rolleyes: Lately, though, I'm just trying to contemplate whether or not to texlax and be done with it.:ohwell: I'm feeling the urge, now.:look:

I am going on 2 years natural and have never had the urge to relax. For a straight style you can always blow dry and flat iron. The texture of my hair being a natural is 100x better than when I was a relaxed head. I can say, never again will I relax. Natural hair is so much more vesatile.

I only want to relax when I get the urge to flaunt my length lol...but I know that length will soon disappear the moment my head hits a relaxer...Im pretty sure I can learn a lot from people who have healthy relaxed hair on here and grow my hair just as long, but I dont have time for "random set-backs" that a lot of people with relaxers experience.

I never get the urge to relax, not once in the 7 years I've been natural. I never cared for my relaxed hair so its not that appealing to me. I used to hate going to the salon and getting my hair done.

Back