help me fight the urge!!

L.Brown1114

not to use heat!! I am so sick of walking around with my hair looking a hot mess!! all my lace wigs are donzo and my half wigs went cray cray! and im tired of wearing fake hair!! my hair is the shortest it has been in awhile as far as being relaxed and i decided to relax bone straight instead of BKT because it is easier and cheaper and there are SOOO many cute short hair styles i could be doing...all of them involving heat :cry:
examples: straightening, beautiful barrel curls that for some reason curlers just cant duplicate. I also want to get funky layers, and dye the top brown and the back black and i want to have purple bangs still. i need help to fight the urge to do all this damaging stuff to my hair!!!!!!!!! BUT I NEED a change!!! do you guys ever feel like this?? if you do how do you stop the urge???

addaboutmyhair

Well first, breathe. I know how you feel. I sed to get frustrated and before LHCF that resulted in me dying my hair brown, then black, then putting in a texturizer that broke off all my hair. So think of the consequences. Then honestly - get some fake hair. Or even use some heat. Just step away from the chemicals. Check out hairsisters.com or something and get a new lace front. Get it in colors! 2 toned! or if you have the time you can spend some money and flat iron your whole head. good luck.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I hate to say it, but I feel heat helps my hair. I've been damp bunning and it just does not seen to be doing anything but make my hair angry. Sad thing is that I can wet bun, but try to do it dry and my hair refuses.:nono: I am so lost as to what to do as a PS because no other style holds.:sad:

luckiestdestiny

You could always wig it or weave it. When myhair was in the in between stage (I had cut it to a pixie cut and that had to grow out), I weaved it up because I didn't want to use heat all the time because if I didn't I felt that I'd look crazy. It's hard to look cute when you're growing out a pixie. As it got longer I sometimes wore braids and sometimes weave and now mostly braids with only my hair (as I love to get to my goals super fast and both weaves and braids provide that as long as you're gentle in the take down and instillation)

hopeful

Well you're newly relaxed bone straight and it's already short so why not get it all out of your system? Get a cute, funky cut, color it how you want, and keep it short for awhile, use your curling irons. When you are ready you can always grow it out again, baby it, avoid heat, etc.

30something

I found that using a round brush (not the one with the boar bristles but the ones with the plastic nobs) and Cold shot blow drying (After 50 % air drying with a scarf on edges ) has helped my hair get heat tools like results. I notice that the end results even gives my hair lots of body. I don't go crazy with the round brush and the blow dryer. Sometimes I may put my solia on 140 degrees and lightly go over the hair. It works for my relaxed hair I don't know how well it will work for others

PPGbubbles

Try some cute heatless style like flat twistouts and braid outs. Maybe that will satisfy ur need for a new look

FebeeSigns

I resist the urge by remembering that it could be damaging and because I'm psycho paranoid I don't put anything in my hair that even has the slightest chance to hurt it. I think you should remember although heat makes your hair look cute, it can also make it look and feel worse. Resist! And try to research new hairstyles.

L.Brown1114

I hate to say it, but I feel heat helps my hair. I've been damp bunning and it just does not seen to be doing anything but make my hair angry. Sad thing is that I can wet bun, but try to do it dry and my hair refuses.:nono: I am so lost as to what to do as a PS because no other style holds.:sad:

when in doubt youtube it out. thats what i always do whenever im trying to find new PS styles. HTH!

Well you're newly relaxed bone straight and it's already short so why not get it all out of your system? Get a cute, funky cut, color it how you want, and keep it short for awhile, use your curling irons. When you are ready you can always grow it out again, baby it, avoid heat, etc.

that is such a good idea! idk y i am in a rush to have long hair?? im twenty for goodness sakes lol. I always wanted that angular bob rihanna had and some keyshia cole styles! hhmmm maybe this is good for me not that i think about it!!

I AM...

Hey Lady. When I feel like that I have to be honest I find something else to do. I really do. I go see my sister's kids or focus on work> I do not go shopping cause lord knows that's stoopid. But as I tell my students when I am feeling really possessed by something that is up to and including my hair I do something else. I clean, Iron or go running (excercise is a huge help) or go to Target. when my hair is really getting on my nerves I bun and use and elastic headband to hold my edges. Trust me alot of times the messy-ness of it all is all in your head.

I am not good all the time. I do avoid mirrors. Step outside ya self..;)

Nonie

OP, you do not need heat to get the sort of curls you are dreaming of. With Curlformers and airdrying, you can get that look. :yep:

ETA: This is one of the cutest Curlformers do I've found on Google. If the owner of this pic would like me to take it down, I will. I just found it once while Googling and I've been smitten ever since:

Last edited:

L.Brown1114

OP, you do not need heat to get the sort of curls you are dreaming of. With Curlformers and airdrying, you can get that look. :yep:

ETA: This is one of the cutest Curlformers do I've found on Google. If the owner of this pic would like me to take it down, I will. I just found it once while Googling and I've been smitten ever since:

BEAUTIFUL! i may try that :)