Naturals that wear 2 strand twists...

glamazon386

I think I'm going to take my weave down and 2 strand twist my hair within the next few days. When I did twistouts before, they worked better on wet. I took them out bc the twists looked a little jacked. :lol: I'm gonna try it again.

Do you do them on wet or dry hair? And do you use any products on your hair? If so, what do you use? How long do they last for you?

I do twists on dry hair but I dunk them almost immediately after I finish them in an ACV/essential oil solution coz I like how they hang down straight when they drip dry. So you could say my twist-out is done on wet hair coz they get a few washes in the twists before I undo them for a twist-out. I haven't twisted my hair since my BC but prior to it, I didn't use any products to twist my hair (I was on a no-leave-in regimen so got my moisturizing from frequent washes (CO or full washes). I am trying out a leave-in regimen now so maybe the next time I twist, I'll see how I like it with products. I only washed my hair in twists, so it was only ever wet when already in twists.

I do two strand twists on dry hair, b/c I like them a little longer. I use cd's hair milk, and sometimes alittle fantasia gel for some stick I also wet my hands and dampen my hair, or use some aphogee leave in just b/c I like to comb it so i can get tangle free twists. I'm too finicky to keep any style in for long, so I usually keep mine in for about 2 days. Sometimes I flat twist the front and pull the back into a bun or french roll, and then do a twist out on the back after and a full twist out the next day. it's a great way to protect your hair though. Lots of hair blessings!

I prefer doing them on slightly damp hair, which I spritz first, apply a butter or non-water based cream/gel, and twist.

When I was 100% natural, I did twists on wet hair, and I used the Jamaican Roots Mango & Lime Loc Gel.

It's out now... I brushed all my hair out so I could see what it would look like in a fro. I'll probably wash and twist tomorrow. Thanks ladies. :)

bmoreflyygirl said:
It's out now... I brushed all my hair out so I could see what it would look like in a fro. I'll probably wash and twist tomorrow. Thanks ladies. :)

Take some pics. You know how we are. :lol:

I always twist on dry hair. I get better results without the shrinkage. I use BB oil moisturizer and Proclaim coconut oil.

I always put my twist in on dry hair. I've used a couple of different products over the years mostly shea butter and now I use Qhemet's Heavy Cream.

bmoreflyygirl said:
I think I'm going to take my weave down and 2 strand twist my hair within the next few days. When I did twistouts before, they worked better on wet. I took them out bc the twists looked a little jacked. :lol: I'm gonna try it again.

Do you do them on wet or dry hair? And do you use any products on your hair? If so, what do you use? How long do they last for you?
I twist on dry hair. I usually do not use any products while I twists. How long my twists last depends on how quick I get bored with them before taking them down, :grin: so for me, my twists can last anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks.

Offtopic: bmoreflyygirl, you look absolutely beautiful in your new signature picture with your twa!!! I love the shape of your hair!!! :yep::up:

Poohbear said:
I twist on dry hair. I usually do not use any products while I twists. How long my twists last depends on how quick I get bored with them before taking them down, :grin: so for me, my twists can last anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks.

Offtopic: bmoreflyygirl, you look absolutely beautiful in your new signature picture with your twa!!! I love the shape of your hair!!! :yep::up:

Thanks Pooh! :kiss: That means a lot coming from you. :) About how long does it take you to twist your whole head?

Your hair does look nice in the twa

I use a bit of Amla and Olive Heavy Creme with IC Fantasia gel. About 2 hours if I do micro twists and they last like a week.

When I used to do two strand twists, it was blow dried (showed more length this way) and a loc butter or shea butter used to hold the twists (these were smaller than the ones I see people sporting in pics). They would last about 1 month, with just using witch hazel or some other product to wipe the scalp clean. Plus of course, daily LIC.

I am thinking about going to the african ladies and let them put two strand twist on my blowdried hair i need a style for summer that won't damage my hair but i can't decide if i want it done on blowdried hair or wet hair i would like them to last about 6 weeks

Thanks Prettyinpurple, Incredible1ne and OnaHairQuest. I'm done twisting now. I did it on dry hair from my wash n go yesterday. I think they're too big though so I'm splitting each one into two. I'll post a pic when I'm done. :) Thanks for all your tips!

scarcity21 said:
where r the pics???????:)

heheh - that girl's hair is fly alright!

<bmore, co-sign on that fro! your hair is really coming into it's own and looking fantastic!>

when i twist i can see now i prefer doing them on wet or nearly wet hair. I really like the shrunken look.

products i'm liking: Carefree Curl Moisturizing Creme and IC ICE.

i've stopped using all butters and oils of all kinds including my beloved shea butter. aubrey organics conditioners are providing all the oils my hair needs.

Back