Naturals: leave-ins for straight, leave-ins for curly?

NuBraveHeart

i tried to search on this specific topic and didn't get the results i was looking for, so i apologize if this question is already out there.

i'm transitioning to natural and will be wearing my flat ironed some of the time and braided or naturally curly other times. i'm a 4a/b. i was wondering what leave-in conditioners you natural ladies use when your hair is flat ironed or pressed that doesn't make it revert. i know i shouldn't look for water based ones, but do you all have any staples? same question for the natural curls. have you found anything that keeps the curls without hair getting super frizzy or poofy? any direction would be appreciated.

Bun Mistress

I'm just transitioning but here goes:
Straight Aveda brillant spray, morocan oil, and Aveda smooth infusion style prep smoother

Curly/textured/otherwise Aveda brillant spray/becurly leave in or afro detangler (right now both cause it so cold and dry/seal with JBCO

Also when texture style I do other things such as non sulfate shampoo, DC, then instant conditioner that I don't completely rinse out.

Hope this was some what helpful.

jasminestar

When my hair is straight, the only thing I use is coconut oil.
Have you looked at tightlycurly.com? When I wear my hair curly, I like to use her method, it gives good definition for me, without too much frizz.