Naturals -- How do you stretch and elongate your hair?

plait your hair at night. As each day goes past, it will elongate further :) Right after I wash, I apply leave in, seal, then plait it up. In the morning its elongated enough to go into a bun.

co sign this is exactly what I do and I get the biggest puffs ever. Each day goes by my hair looks bigger and bigger I LOVE it. I tried twists and I just get too much shrinkage at the roots.

Right now I am doing twists on dry hair to keep my hair stretched. I still have the knots even though I am keeping my hair stretched so I just try not to think about it.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have to stretch my hair, I'd like to embrace my coils, or just wash n go...after these twists I may just start my ends are feeling super dry lately.

I do 2 things. 1. when im really lazy, i just wash my hair in the shower and do 2 big braids on each side of my hair. If i am feeling really lazy, i don't care if its dry or night, ill take it down and diffuse with the blow dryer on cool. And let it airdry for the rest of the day.. If im feeling exceptionally lazy, i don't even use the blow dryer...

2. I put my hair in twist and i wear them pinned up. I usually put them in a style, like the one i have in now, that i can baggy with. I leave it pinned up for 1-2 weeks. Longer if i can because i can wash them and do a lot of things in twist. Its low-maintenince so it gives me a chance to leave my hair alone but at the same time i can take care of it and show off my length! Im gonna take these down and retwist them though.. i like doing nothing to my hair right now :)

Wash or cowash day is two braids, or two banded ponies and let it air dry over night and for the other days I'll usually do a braid-n-curl and only braid it down a little bit then roll the rest with a little castor oil on my ends.

I usually chinee bump (bantu knot), then a few hours later add some more lubrication if needed and canerow, then at bedtime do 2/3 big canerows - by morning my hair will be almost fully stretched. Time consuming, but it works for me.
lol so jamaican like me this is how i talk about hair too i never knew what 'bantu knots' were before lhcf:grin:

I stretch in bantu knots. I find them to be the best at stretching the roots.

I'm starting to experiment with roller setting now

Back