Naturals: How did u feel when u first started wearing wash n go's?

MissFallon

Especially those who wore their hair long and straight down before?

I just started wearing my hair in a wash and go and I'm having trouble getting used to it. I feel funny/boyish when I wear a wash n go. I have been natural 6 months but I usually wear rollersets or a puff.

Did u have issues transitioning into wearing a wash n go?

glamazon386

It took me a while to get used to it too. But I got a lot of compliments on it from people. More than any other style. Don't worry about it; you'll get there.

Tenacious

I didn't feel any different. If you're asking how I felt about wearing my natural texture, then i'd have to say it wasn't all that big of a deal with me.

I don't know about transitioning into wearing them, but I guess I'd have to say wearing my curly hair in a ponytail or getting accustomed to spending some time perfecting my curls was the difficult part.

I quickly learned how to wear it "out", because one day, I will run out of hair product and hair bands (just my luck) and I'll have no choice, lol....

Bigghair

For me the shrinkage is the issue with wash and goes. I am wearing one today but I stretch mine out using ponytail holders to prevent some of the shrinkage. I feel good about wearing my wash and goes now because I waited until I was comfortable with the length including some shrinkage.

I will have to admit that wash-n-gos never felt like a polished look for me when my hair is short. when I get a few more inches I will be regularly sporting palm rolls and double strand twists or twist out. And I hate leaving the house with damp hair.

MissFallon

I think it is more the length and shape of the WnG than anything that bugs me. My has an assymetrical lean to it and the sides always stick out in a weird direction. I guess this is my ackward stage. I just wish sometimes that my hair would pick a texture a stick to it cuz I have a bunch going on.

Cheleigh

I wore a W&G from day one...BUT...

I always wore some type of scarf, headband, hair accessory. The length didn't bother me, but my hair has two distinct textures, and I felt that the front half was too thick and poofy to wear out without some accessory.

It hasn't been until the past eight months that I've felt comfortable to wear my hair in a W&G without hair accessories.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I think it is more the length and shape of the WnG than anything that bugs me. My has an assymetrical lean to it and the sides always stick out in a weird direction. I guess this is my ackward stage. I just wish sometimes that my hair would pick a texture a stick to it cuz I have a bunch going on.

(the bolded)...You just totally described my current wash n go. :perplexed :rolleyes: I know when my hair grows longer my wng will look nicer. :look:

When I first started wearing my wng I was really nervous because I never wore my hair like that before and even tho I thought it was cute I didn't know if co-workers and family would think I look like a H.A.M. :eek: but to my surprise I received a lot of compliments. :blush: :D My SIL told me last night that she absolutely loves my wng. The In-laws don't usually hand out compliments so that was a biggie to me. :yep:

glamazon386

Mine is shaped weird too. My sides stick out weird so I usually comb them behind the ear. Hopefully by the summer it will have grown out of that stage.

justNikki

I was forced to accept everything about me...dead on. It was a new beginning. I got a ton of compliments on the short hair, even moreso when I being confident about it.

Snuckles

Well, let me tell you I'm a true 4b and I wash and go no where! No go on the wash and go for me. Now I could wash and bun, but that's about it.

gmw

I started to wear the wash 'n go last year during the summer. It was a lesson in true self love. I got very used to it. The first week I was uncomfortable. But I got over it. I can't wait to wear them this summer:grin:. Easiest style for me!

youwillrise

i started wearing wash and goes last spring/summer.

that's pretty much the only time i'll wear them.

i'm not sure i'll wear them this year...because i plan on staying in protectives

and i'm not sure how my wash and go would look anyway now that my hair is longer?

i didnt have TOO many problems with them
and i always wore a headband or scarf thing around it.

blazingthru

at first it was different but once you get the technique down as to how you want your hair to look it gets easier. I used bands because I had no bang and I just thought it was to plain and so I used different kind of bands. It was fun for that time. Plus I did my BC in April summer was right around the corner and I liked it. I still do it, I just don't do it everyday like before. I just get tired and don't want to do it so I tie my hair up and spritz it with leave in conditioner and wear my puff and go and now thats a style I absolutely love. I always look good now. I never thought I would say that being natural I though it was just something I was getting use to but no I look good with the puff its real cute. As you can see my picture below. I really like this look

Country gal

I felt sassy and very free. I love my wash and gos. It is so easy to slap on my headband and roll out of the house after washing my hair.