Naturals + Heat = Retaining Length!

As a natural Presses or Flat ironing Has Helped Me

• Yes and i retained Length!

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • No but i think its possible if done Correctly

Votes: 64 58.7%

• Total voters

Songbirdb

Wash n gos are hard on your hair because your ends are constantly exposed. Constantly exposed ends can lead to overdrying. You also usually have to do more detangeling than you might have to do otherwise.

Thanks for this. My wash n go's don't look very good yet because there's no shape to my natural hair. But I'm gonna keep this in mind so that I can protect my length

mstar

Luxury bacon
I am going to start heat styling more frequently. I don't know why, but I feel like my hair could use a little heat.

The key for me will be learning to do it myself. My hair is very heat sensitive (it straightens easily), so I'll need to work on finding the right tools and products, and learning the proper techniques for blow drying and flat ironing. I'm terrified of losing my texture again, but I want to embrace the verstility of my natural hair.

TemiLnd

I use heat whenever Im not in braids just to blow dry. It doesnt harm my hair. The knowledge I gained from LHCF has helped me understand the importance of heat protectant. I see no problem with a bit of heat.

Misshairdiva

I use Sabino Moisture block faithfully since it blocks heat damage. I have my hairrollerset (putting the Sabino on before the rollerset) then roots blowdryed out. Then, like this week, I dont feel like going to the salon, I'll put another layer of Sabino on and just flat iron my hair. I dont put any products on top of the Sabino, usually that's enough.

yodie

I plan on using heat weekly. I'll prepoo with AO's GPB (protein), wash, con using heat with AO's HSR (moisture), apply leave in and shea butter and dry my hair under a hooded tourmaline dryer. I'll blow dry and press once a month to monitor my strands.

This will be my regi until June.

Ladies, check out Herbal Essence LTR (Long Term Relationship) leave in. Its specifically for split ends.

Irresistible

Because I'm newly natural, I don't know why wash n gos are bad for ends...is it because of manipulation? I would think this style would be healthiest for natural hair. Please explain the damage issue :ohwell:
yeah someone answered

its the loose hair /creates tangles and knots/exposure/ no protection of the ends that would/could lead to problems

I could NEVER wash and go at any length:nono: