Naturals: fed up with frizz & tried every product?

SEMO

I keep hearing about this. I'm going to try it when my IC Fantasia gel runs out.

SEMO

Highly Unlikely..You won't notice it right away - unless your hair is "detoxed " - meaning that one is not using many chemical compounds at all on his/her hair......Over time... This particular compund turns on the hair, drying it out. There are other ingredients that are in this product that, well, I limit my use of significantly...but I thought I would comment - since TEA is the 3rd listed ingredient. The Aloe content ( powde, at that) is probably so low - it is insignificant.

But good luck to you.
Thanks for the info on TEA. I didn't know that. Maybe I'll hold off on trying this product. I really like Fantasia IC gel, and hey, if ain't broke don't fix it, right?

Lucky's Mom

Okay samantha.

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed OKAY AUBURN. Apparently I offended you. Knowledge is power. Just because it works for you, does not mean that other people will not expereince a problem....
Every day - women comeon this forum wondering why their hair is SNAPPING and Breaking off.

And MOST times ( NOT every time) it is the chemical compounds in the products they use....I certainly have the right to discuss it - since you listed product ingredients.

OKAY AUBURN?????

Kay.Dee

it's a trial and error process
I've not had success with many highly natural products and commercial products, but people are going to find things out on their own. But thanks for the warning.

adf23

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed OKAY AUBURN. Apparently I offended you. Knowledge is power. Just because it works for you, does not mean that other people will not expereince a problem....
Every day - women comeon this forum wondering why their hair is SNAPPING and Breaking off.

And MOST times ( NOT every time) it is the chemical compounds in the products they use....I certainly have the right to discuss it - since you listed product ingredients.

OKAY AUBURN?????

Simma down ladies. Thanks for the thread Auburn- I will try the long aid.

Auburn

OKAY AUBURN?????

Offended? Nah. Im good.
The information is appreciated.

Rain20

To Semo:
There is TEA in the Fantasia Gel as well. So you probably could try the Long Aid gel without any problems.

I have used the Long Aid Gel Activator for twisting my hair and it's very moisturizing. HTH.

Ramya

I'm going to try it. IC Fantasia only lasts about 5 hours in my hair and then the frizz is back lol.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Im not good at explaining things but it smells like gel thats sort of perfume-ish but dont worry, the smell doesnt linger strongly. Maybe it smells like JAM?

It smells like old man to me :look:

Thank you! I wanted to see twists done with Long Aid. How long have you been using it?

I've done twists with them and they didn't look much different, but they felt really greasy. I also have done fingercoils with this and they were really soft...I like Long Aid Gel, it never leaves my hair crunchy, but I like the shine that Fantasia IC gel gives (though it does give crunch in some cases). I only use Long Aid Gel for wash n go's, but I haven't used it in awhile. I am trying to lead towards more natural ingredients, but this is good in a pinch.

Auburn

It smells like old man to me :look:

I've done twists with them and they didn't look much different, but they felt really greasy. I also have done fingercoils with this and they were really soft...I like Long Aid Gel, it never leaves my hair crunchy, but I like the shine that Fantasia IC gel gives (though it does give crunch in some cases). I only use Long Aid Gel for wash n go's, but I haven't used it in awhile. I am trying to lead towards more natural ingredients, but this is good in a pinch.

Lol.
I never got a greasy feeling Long aid. Did you use it alone?

LadyPaniolo

Oooooh! This thread is right on time! Thanks for this, Auburn!

I just got a hawt half wig that matches my hair color perfectly :lick: and I would love to try this product on my leave-out area... does any online retailer sell it? I refuse to shop at Walmart.

lwilliams1922

Highly Unlikely..You won't notice it right away - unless your hair is "detoxed " - meaning that one is not using many chemical compounds at all on his/her hair......Over time... This particular compund turns on the hair, drying it out. There are other ingredients that are in this product that, well, I limit my use of significantly...but I thought I would comment - since TEA is the 3rd listed ingredient. The Aloe content ( powde, at that) is probably so low - it is insignificant.

But good luck to you.

thanks for this tip

I tired it a couple months ago.
I liked it but after a week or so I felt like my hair was drying harder or something. I din't know about TEA.

Cheleigh

I prefer Smooth N Shine Curl Activator Gel because the more beneficial ingredients are a little higher on the list, and it doesn't seem to have quite so much glycerin, which makes my hair greasy.

Carbomer (a type of acrylic) generally doesn't do well with my hair no matter what (I think it's drying over time), and it's in both products, as well as in a LOT of commercial gels. I'm sure the TEA doesn't help either.

I have a huge tub of LongAid, though, so I wanted to work with it. I've discovered that by doctoring up either product (LongAid or Smooth n Shine) with some sodium lactate, aloe gel, saa, and honeyquat, my hair reacts more favorably.

Of course, by adding ingredients your shooting the preservative balance to heck, so mix at your own risk. I don't keep my long enough to go bad.

I use LongAid or SnS to other CAGs products because my hair doesn't tolerate propylene glycol at all in any substantial amount, and they're the only two commerical CAGs that don't contain it.

The upside of CAGs for me is that they separate my curls without crunch. I do sometimes add Jane Carter Condition and Sculpt on top for the finish.