Product Review: Proclaim Activator Gel

Peachtree

Proclaim Professional Care Curl & Wave Conditioning Activator Gel, with aloe vera & protein, 32 oz for $2.99. Clear gel in a clear container with a blue top & blue writing.

"Restores moisture, prevents breakage, maximum hold, non-flaking"

"Proclaim curl & wave conditioning activator gel is formulated for professional stylists. Makes curls POP right now! An exclusive formula resotores needed moisture and sheen to hair. Provides maximum body & hold to any style without flaking."

Directions: For best results, apply to clean damp hair with even distruibution for type of hair style you want, including hot curling, which takes just a little on the end of each curl. Especially good for making odd hairs stay in place & for smoothing hair.

Ingredients: Water (aqua), glycerine, aloe vera gel, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, carbomer, hydrolyzed wheat protein, methyl paraben, fragrance, diazolidinyl urea, dmdm hydantoin.

I used it as directed. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!! My hair got toooo dry & toooo hard toooo fast. Not to mention that I'm still waiting for the curls to "POP" right in... yeah, whatever

Rating: 1! It's funny cuz my cousin uses it & she loves it... it holds her relatively thin hair in "cutesy" styles all day long. She uses it a couple of times wkly & it helps her hair to retain moisture. Just goes to show...what works for 1 may not work for another

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I could tell from the "face" that you weren't too pleased with this

I love the Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion. That's some good stuff

tekmommie

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one who uses it!!! (with relaxed hair that is)

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one who uses it!!! (with relaxed hair that is)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooo, Ooo, gotta try this

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Peachtree gave my most used hair product a mad face.

Just kidding!
I replaced Worlds of Curls with this because it smells a lot better. I mix it with S-Curl Spray. Maybe that's why it works for me...

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree gave my most used hair product a mad face.

Just kidding!
I replaced Worlds of Curls with this because it smells a lot better. I mix it with S-Curl Spray. Maybe that's why it works for me...

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorrrrry sweetheart

Sassygirl, help me out cuz i don't wanna toss it, u know...

How exactly do u use it.. for holding styles? What results do u get with it... do u get "pop'd" curls as it claims?

I wanna give it another try cuz i really hate tossing products after 1 use...

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I use it for smoothing my hair back into a bun before I attach my fake afro puff. It gives my mostly natural hair a "wet n' wavy" look. I add approx 3-4 oz of S Curl Spray to the 32 oz tub and shake it up to make it wetter.

Peachtree

Thanks sassygirl,
I truly appreciate it.

I think I'll give it another try... mix it with either pure glycerine or S-Curl during my "bun" week.