Naturals: fed up with frizz & tried every product?

Auburn

....then I dare you to try Long Aid Activator Gel for extra dry hair!

Long Aid
Extra Dry Hair Activator Gel
Long Aid Activator Gel is formulated to give hair a soft, moist, curly texture. This formula contains 27 % more glycerin than most other hair products containing glycerin to increase hair the retention of moisture.
The Panthenol in Long Aid Activator Gel is made up of a Vitamin B complex which aids in the absorption of moisture by penetrating the hair shaft and roots so that this needed nourishment soaks directly into hair strands and the scalp.
Aloe Vera, legendary for its ability to heal, protect and lock-in moisture helps to prevent breakage and safeguard the hair and scalp from elements that can damage the hair.
Protein and Panthenol give hair the nutrients, protection and strength it needs for setting and styling.
For an incredible look that lasts and lasts use Long Aid Activator Gel.
Enhanced with 27 % more glycerin, this unique formula provides needed moisture for extra dry hair. Aloe Vera, Protein and Panthnol give hair the nutrients, protection and strength needed for setting and creating practically any curl style.
So go ahead and massage it in and let your imagination take charge.
Available in three sizes (10.5 oz., 16.4 oz. and 32 oz.) to meet your every need.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua)
Glycerin
Triethanolamine
Carbomer 940
Oleth-20
Methylparaben
DMDM Hydantoin
Disodium EDTA
Hydrolyzed Collagen
Panthenol
Aloe Vera Powder (Aloe Barbadensis)
Fragrance (Parfum)
Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730)

I have found my holy grail! I was surfing another hair site and found the ladies raving about it madly.

Pros: Soft shiny frizz free curls. Helps with shrinkage. Doesn't drip.
Cons: none.

Does it dry crunchy? No. My curls are uber soft and moisturized
How do you use it? I use it as if it were a "curly pudding". I use it on soaking wet hair. A dab will do ya! Use your fingers to comb thru your hair in sections (shingling). Use it on NAKED wet hair.
Where can I find it? Walmart in the "ethnic" section.
How much does it cost? A little over $2. TOTALLY affordable!

"Oh it has a paraben & blah blah blah!" :blah: Well, dont put it on your scalp :blush3:. If you have tried everything else, give this a shot! I misplaced my camera but as SOON as I find it I will take pictures and show yall. My camera phone will not surfice. I also want to shoot a tutorial when I find my camera. Stay tuned!

grnidmonster

Ok. I have to ask, what is "shingling"? Long aid is an old scholl staple, one of two carry overs from my pre-LHCF days. The other is Mane and Tail conditioner.

Long aid totally works, grew my hair to BSL the first time with it, didnt even know what I was doing. Stumbled on the product because there was a 2 for 1 sale on the big tubs, talk about a bargin!!!

Auburn

Keep in mind my hair is a total fuzz ball. Some of my hair shots prior to using this gel can be found in my sig(link). Ive been natural for 6 months and I have NEVER had a product to define my curls like this unless Im conditioning. NO FLASH on these pictures!

This is the top. The top has the least definition.

Close up of top

Top again

Side of my hair

This is my hair reactivated with water.

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Congratulations on finding a product for yourself.

TEA....Triethanolamine........ is a drying agent.... It turns on my hair and snaps it... Ihope this does not happen to you!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Oh. I dont like the smell of lets jam. i think i need to smell it in the store before i try it out. i like smooth n shine curl activator which is good too. its smaller but it really gets the job done. my hair is the epitome of frizz and it can control my hair. i have some pics in my fotki

Auburn

Oh. I dont like the smell of lets jam. i think i need to smell it in the store before i try it out. i like smooth n shine curl activator which is good too. its smaller but it really gets the job done. my hair is the epitome of frizz and it can control my hair. i have some pics in my fotki

Yeah, open it up. I havent smelled JAM in years but thats the only thing i could think of. Im fanning my hair right now and I dont smell a thing.

lil_xelle

hi hi im new here and this is my first post :look: ..umm does it leave a white residue or anything....do you use a leave in or do you use it alone

thank you :grin:

Auburn

hi hi im new here and this is my first post :look: ..umm does it leave a white residue or anything....do you use a leave in or do you use it alone

thank you :grin:

No ashy hair! lol. No flakes at all. Yesterday I used joico THEN this but that didnt work to well so Im using it alone today and it is absolutely fabulous. My hair is soft and BLINGING!

Welcome to LHCF and youre welcome!

Muse

No ashy hair! lol. No flakes at all. Yesterday I used joico THEN this but that didnt work to well so Im using it alone today and it is absolutely fabulous. My hair is soft and BLINGING!

Welcome to LHCF and youre welcome!

What Joico product did you use before using this gel?

Lucky's Mom

I'm sure glycerin and aloe vera makes up for it.

Highly Unlikely..You won't notice it right away - unless your hair is "detoxed " - meaning that one is not using many chemical compounds at all on his/her hair......Over time... This particular compund turns on the hair, drying it out. There are other ingredients that are in this product that, well, I limit my use of significantly...but I thought I would comment - since TEA is the 3rd listed ingredient. The Aloe content ( powde, at that) is probably so low - it is insignificant.

But good luck to you.

Last edited:

Auburn

Highly Unlikely..You won't notice it right away - unless your hair is "detoxed " - meaning that one is not using many chemical compounds at all on his/her hair......Over time... This particular compund turns on the hair, drying it out. There are other ingredients that are in this product that, well, I limit my use of significantly...but I thought I would comment - since TEA is the 3rd listed ingredient. The Aloe content ( powde, at that) is probably so low - it is insignificant.

But good luck to you.

Okay samantha.

Auburn

I used this all the time when I was natural and it never dried my hair out. I loved it for twistouts and used with vatika oil, it kept my hair soft and shiny for DAYS at a time. The only drawback is that if it's humid outside, your hair will feel kinda damp.
Heres a pic of my hair twisted with it:

http://public.fotki.com/hair-obsession/first-year-natural/months-6-7/camerapictures365.html

Thank you! I wanted to see twists done with Long Aid. How long have you been using it?

BeautifulRoots

I used to use long aid back when I first started styling my hair without heat. I loved it! It gave me really pretty twistouts. (I have some pics of it in my fotki...) I tried it again a few months ago, and for some reason it didn't work quite as well. My hair doesn't like a lot of glycerin, so I think the increase of the glycerin is what the problem was. But hey, my hair was really soft and moist, just wouldn't hold...lol. :look:

Auburn

I used to use long aid back when I first started styling my hair without heat. I loved it! It gave me really pretty twistouts. (I have some pics of it in my fotki...) I tried it again a few months ago, and for some reason it didn't work quite as well. My hair doesn't like a lot of glycerin, so I think the increase of the glycerin is what the problem was. But hey, my hair was really soft and moist, just wouldn't hold...lol. :look:

I'll check it out!
Maybe another formula has it without the extra glycerin.