Naturals: Ever gotten a good braid out or twist out with old braids or twists?

MissJ

I have twists in, and they're about 3 1/2 weeks old. I'm wondering if I can get a good twist out with them that will last for a week. Has anybody been successful at doing this with old braids or twists? If so, what steps did you take to achieve this?

hopeful

Usually the longer I keep my twists in, the prettier the twist-out, not sure it will last a whole week though. Only tip I have is to not fool with them too much after taking them down, otherwise I get lots of frizz.

anon123

Yep, the longer they are in, the better the twistout. I've never kept twists in that long, though. I can keep a highly defined twistout for a week. Longer, but I have to wash my hair weekly. The key to keeping high definition is to leave them alone and to avoid moisture. They'll puff out with moisture.

Sunshine0801

If I wash my braids or twists anytime during the period that I have them in, which I always do now, the braid/twistout will not look good at all. It looks much fuller and thicker when I do not wash the braids/twists.

anon123

If I wash my braids or twists anytime during the period that I have them in, which I always do now, the braid/twistout will not look good at all. It looks much fuller and thicker when I do not wash the braids/twists.

That's really interesting. I always get the best results if I wash my twists and let them dry then undo for the twistout.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

My daughter had twists in for 2 weeks. Just last wednesday I took them down, she still has the twistout today. I don't think it was last a week though.