Naturals: Do you ever RE-flat iron your hair?

preciouslove0x

I have 4b coarse hair. I flat iron my hair no more than 3 times a year (average is 1 :look:). So I just flat ironed my hair two days ago and my edges are already starting to crinkle back up and would like to flatten them out a little with 325F heat.

Have any of you naturals re-flat ironed your hair without causing heat damage? If is has please let me know of your experience as well.

TIA

coolsista-paris

Hi. i dont have the answer you want.
Ill still share what i do.

I flat iron maybe 4 times a year. When i do it, the hair stays straight like for 2 weeks.
I never re flat iron throuhout that time. Ill just lay it down with oil put on a scarf tight enough to try straightening it.

Also by twisting my hair at night (2 twists) + Flexi rod on each end my hair it almost sleek.

im 4b by the way. As i know my hair is fine, i dont dare re flat ironning until the next time i do it. I know I have chances to get heat damage.

Last edited:

preciouslove0x

G
Hi. i dont have the answer you want.
Ill still share what i do.

I flat iron maybe 4 times a year. When i do it, the hair stays straight like for 2 weeks.
I never re flat iron throuhout that time. Ill just lay it down with oil put on a scarf tight enough to try straightening it.

Also by twisting my hair at night (2 twists) + curllformer on each end my hair it almost sleek.

im 4b by the way. As i know my hair is fine, i dont dare re flat ironning until the next time i do it. I know I have chances to get heat damage.

Great advice!!! Oil plus some pressure from a scarf. I'll try it tonight

Lylddlebit

I do not touch up anymore. I like results best on fresh washed hair. However since you mentioned you only straighten three times a year I'm sure you could get away with it if you wanted to.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I've done this but i wouldn't recommend it.

if its just the edges though(dpeneding on how nap'd they are) i would either re press them or try a non heat way of smoothing them out.

offthechainliz

once I flat iron I don't re flat iron either but I agree that if it is ONLY the edges that have reverted it should be ok using low heat.

Mz.MoMo5235

I re-flat iron o_o

I never had issues. The only time I had heat damage it was from the first round of flat ironing with a new flat iron that was way too hot

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

cutenss

I do using my mini glide. It has a constant heat temperature of 220 degrees F. I love that thing. And you can get as close as you want.

CurlsBazillion

I re-flatiron my edges. If I was more of a fan my hair straight I would re-flatiron my entire head but I rarely wear my hair straight so I haven't tested this out.

empressri

I do, and no damage. I don't really have to go down to my ends, and I keep the flat iron on a lower temp.

Whimsy

I have done it, in a pinch. I don't make a habit of it. I usually just use coconut oil and pressure, but I would do it again if I had to be somewhere suddenly and look great.

I would say go for it, jut be careful, and dont make a habit of it. Since you straighten so infrequently I'm sure it won't be a habit :)

Fine 4s

I did this once when I went to a salon that didn't do a good enough job or it puffed up soon after. So I just re-flat ironed one section. Never again.

moonlightchic18

I only have direct heat put on my hair once a month and that's at the salon. I get a deep condition, a flat iron, and a silk wrap and that can last me a whole month. To avoid reusing my Chi flatiron I use the Chi Silk Infusion at night, then wrap my hair and tie it with a satin scarf. If my edges are reverting then I'll use a little edge control paste.

Most of the time though, I can wrap my hair, put on a shower cap, and sit under my hair dryer for ten minutes and that does the trick of keeping the rest of my hair nice and silky for the next week.