Naturals and TEXLAXERS-HELP!!!

healthyhair2

My hair is Texlaxed or Texturized, but the curl pattern still APPEARS natural. I got it done the last time in September 2007. My hair was fine until about 3 months ago--oh the TANGLES!! Now they are not at the ends of my hair anymore-- it gets tangled at the ROOTS!! I mean matted. ALL the V05 and Afro Detangler and they still persist!! Can someone tell me if this will stop happening one day? I moisturize my hair and the new growth, I deep condition and detangle with a wide tooth seamless comb. Even if it seems like the matts go away, they are back the next week :( What will help? I got some ALOE Vera gel (food grade)today to make my own Shealoe. What else might remedy this problem? I thought about relaxing straight, then I thought I should just grow it out more and HOPE this subsides. I'm REALLY frustrated because every time wash day comes, the cleansing and detangling takes at least an hour! And I still lose hair. If it helps ,I'm a 4a/b
My hair is ALMOST collarbone length --stretched. Could Ayurveda help?

so you haven't had a touch-up since September 2007? maybe your roots are taking over and you need a retouch... :look:

how are you wearing your hair?

try tresemme anti breakage condtioner or french perm hair stabilizer. these both help me on detangling sessions. unfortunatley the only way to stop the tangles is to trim or cut. the ends might be damaged.

I LIVE in plaits-Either 4 or 6. After I do my routine of cleansing and conditioning, I use Jane Carter Nourishing cream. After that I plait and let it airdry. Two days later I take the plaits down and apply Jane Carter Nourish and Shine, then I re-plait. I RARELY wear my hair OUT.

Last edited:
try tresemme anti breakage condtioner or french perm hair stabilizer. these both help me on detangling sessions. unfortunatley the only way to stop the tangles is to trim or cut. the ends might be damaged.

My tangles are an inch from the scalp, unfortunately. Maybe trimming the ends might help? If I moisturize more?

Unless you're trying to transition, I agree w/LadyLibra. It's time to retouch. You're trying to detangle close to 9 months of new growth once a week. That sounds like more headache than help. If you are transitioning, you should probably look into more styling options, like braids or something that'll help keep you NG in check.

Unless you're trying to transition, I agree w/LadyLibra. It's time to retouch. You're trying to detangle close to 9 months of new growth once a week. That sounds like more headache than help. If you are transitioning, you should probably look into more styling options, like braids or something that'll help keep you NG in check.

So, my two textures CAN'T survive--no matter how much I moisturize or deep condition?

My hair is Texlaxed or Texturized, but the curl pattern still APPEARS natural. I got it done the last time in September 2007. My hair was fine until about 3 months ago--oh the TANGLES!! Now they are not at the ends of my hair anymore-- it gets tangled at the ROOTS!! I mean matted. ALL the V05 and Afro Detangler and they still persist!! Can someone tell me if this will stop happening one day? I moisturize my hair and the new growth, I deep condition and detangle with a wide tooth seamless comb. Even if it seems like the matts go away, they are back the next week :( What will help? I got some ALOE Vera gel (food grade)today to make my own Shealoe. What else might remedy this problem? I thought about relaxing straight, then I thought I should just grow it out more and HOPE this subsides. I'm REALLY frustrated because every time wash day comes, the cleansing and detangling takes at least an hour! And I still lose hair. If it helps ,I'm a 4a/b
My hair is ALMOST collarbone length --stretched. Could Ayurveda help?

The bolded part got my attention. I'm texlaxed and wash once per week. When I detangle, I try to use a wide-toothed comb only, but sometimes I can see that the comb is not removing all the shedded hair. When this happens, I followup with a narrower-toothed comb, just to make sure all the shedded hair is gone. If I don't, I will have severe tangles and matting, over time, especially since I'm not relaxed straight. I still love my texlaxed hair, though.:yep:

To help with the tangles that you have now, I would probaby try the products that the ladies have already suggested. I've been where you are right now, and I was able to remove my tangles and matting (w/o much hair loss) by letting lots DC and oil sit on my hair while I CAREFULLY AND PATIENTLY remove the tangles. After that, then I would get the relaxer retouch.

I hope this helps you.

The bolded part got my attention. I'm texlaxed and wash once per week. When I detangle, I try to use a wide-toothed comb only, but sometimes I can see that the comb is not removing all the shedded hair. When this happens, I followup with a narrower-toothed comb, just to make sure all the shedded hair is gone. If I don't, I will have severe tangles and matting, over time, especially since I'm not relaxed straight. I still love my texlaxed hair, though.:yep:

To help with the tangles that you have now, I would probaby try the products that the ladies have already suggested. I've been where you are right now, and I was able to remove my tangles and matting (w/o much hair loss) by letting lots DC and oil sit on my hair while I CAREFULLY AND PATIENTLY remove the tangles. After that, then I would get the relaxer retouch.

I hope this helps you.

I really appreciate ALL your help ladies. I try very hard to be patient with my hair, that's why wash day is only once a week. I do use a sulfate FREE shampoo as well. I am going to try the coconut oil or grapeseed in my deep conditioner. I guess I haven't gotten a retouch sooner because I am afraid of leaving the salon with STRAIGHT hair! My hair dresser is good , BUT that relaxer has a way of creeping down....

I really appreciate ALL your help ladies. I try very hard to be patient with my hair, that's why wash day is only once a week. I do use a sulfate FREE shampoo as well. I am going to try the coconut oil or grapeseed in my deep conditioner. I guess I haven't gotten a retouch sooner because I am afraid of leaving the salon with STRAIGHT hair! My hair dresser is good , BUT that relaxer has a way of creeping down....

Oh gosh...I totally understand your concern. I would have a major fit if someone relaxed my hair straight. My solution was to start self-texlaxing at home, with my ends saturated with oil...this has been working well for me. I hope you're able to find a solution that's right for you. :bighug:

Oh gosh...I totally understand your concern. I would have a major fit if someone relaxed my hair straight. My solution was to start self-texlaxing at home, with my ends saturated with oil...this has been working well for me. I hope you're able to find a solution that's right for you. :bighug:

I think I may have to get the Design Essentials Lo Lye and do this myself. I will take another 3 weeks to DEEP condition ,use oils and detangle better.

So, my two textures CAN'T survive--no matter how much I moisturize or deep condition?

I personally stretch my texlaxers anywhere from 4-7 mos max. I'm not saying the two textures can't peacefully co-habitate, it just really depends on the individual. Maybe you should try to DC twice/wk instead of once. A Denman brush may do some good as well to remove shed hair and keep it from getting tangled and mixed in with the rest of your hair. This has been a lifesaver for me when my shower comb isn't getting the job done. Another thought is to look at threads about people who have transitioned w/o the big chop, even if you don't plan on transitioning, just to get an idea of what they do or have done to maintain the two textures.

I personally stretch my texlaxers anywhere from 4-7 mos max. I'm not saying the two textures can't peacefully co-habitate, it just really depends on the individual. Maybe you should try to DC twice/wk instead of once. A Denman brush may do some good as well to remove shed hair and keep it from getting tangled and mixed in with the rest of your hair. This has been a lifesaver for me when my shower comb isn't getting the job done. Another thought is to look at threads about people who have transitioned w/o the big chop, even if you don't plan on transitioning, just to get an idea of what they do or have done to maintain the two textures.

I will take a look at those threads and get that Denman out. I had been afraid to use it because of my hair's shedding . I am going to change my routine a bit.

Back