Any texlaxers go bone straight......

Jazzy413

...or one step away?? I live in Central Florida and the heat and humidity make it hard for my hair to hold up and look nice and fresh, regardless of the style. Once I step outside its like a poof!:nono: I dont know if I want to underprocess as much as I did with my first texlax. Any other texlaxers experience something similar? What were your results? Did you regret it in the end?

I know there are many relaxed heads out there that relax their hair pretty darn straight, some even hitting that bone straight! All seem to have healthy heads of hair. I guess I just want to do the best thing for my hair, but still look good:yep:. My next relaxer is a few weeks away so I want to start thinking abotu what I want to do now!! What do you think?

*Frisky*

I just recently decided to give up texlaxing and go straight...I had about 4 inches of texlaxed hair and the rest was straight...I think the two different textures was giving me problems as far as shedding and breakage. I like my hair straight and if I can do certain things to it if I want volume so I dont think I am gonna miss texlaxing.

lonei

I did it gradually, the ends are still texlaed and much of the middle, I prefer my hair bone straight and texlaxed for a while by accident...

Jazzy413

I am seriously considering it for this next relaxer. I really like my hair in straight styles, with the occassional braidout, roller set, spiral/straw curls ro whatever.

Did anyone experience major shrinkage when they texlaxed?? I decided to flat iron this morning, just the roots, and it was nice and smooth, though still a little poofed because I didn't use much heat. But I felt like I couldnt really see how much length I had retained because as soon as took the flat iron off a section, it instantly starts to draw up! Then I went outside and BAM!:wallbash:

PanamasOwn

After seeing Macheriamore's hair video and that saran warp and her hair just fell with such shine and bounce....Yea....Im REALLY thinking about it

And SWEETCASHEW'S hair...REALLY makes a sister want to go straight

I think I have finally learned how to care for fully relaxed hair because of LHCF...and I could always go in btwn styles with braidouts, twists and rollers...

Right now...I will continue to :sekret:

poookie

i'm going to process fully next weekend, mostly because the sections of my hair that are texlaxed are processed past the point of having waves, so it's just puff. i can't do a wash n go without looking retarded.

SparklingFlame

i'm going to process fully next weekend, mostly because the sections of my hair that are texlaxed are processed past the point of having waves, so it's just puff. i can't do a wash n go without looking retarded.
I dont know why but your post had me :lachen::lachen:

sunshinelady

I went from about 50% texlaxed to about 85-90% this weekend. I did a corrective on the previously relaxed part, so let's keep our fingers crossed that my hair doesn't fall out. My hair feels very strange, hard, and I am trying to figure out how to fix it. I used SE Lye Mild.

I would definitely encourage anyone who is going to correct a previous texlax to mix the relaxer with a creamy protein conditioner for those parts, even if you use a Mild one. Your hair does not need much process time.

luvmesumhair

Me!!! I could not take it anymore! It was driving me up the darn wall! I felt I was losing so much hair.

So, I went straight this past weekend. Yes, I have that post perm feel to my hair but after about a week, it should be back to normal.

SparklingFlame

I went from about 50% texlaxed to about 85-90% this weekend. I did a corrective on the previously relaxed part, so let's keep our fingers crossed that my hair doesn't fall out. My hair feels very strange, hard, and I am trying to figure out how to fix it. I used SE Lye Mild.

I would definitely encourage anyone who is going to correct a previous texlax to mix the relaxer with a creamy protein conditioner for those parts, even if you use a Mild one. Your hair does not need much process time.
I did a corrective and my hair felt wierd too-sorta hard and straw like. So I did an Aphogee, the BIG one, and my hair feels great.

Jazzy413

Whats the post perm feel?

I'm thinking its that stick straight, no body hair. I dont miss that, esp since I have fine, thin hair anyway. But I think I have thickened up a bit and know how to take care of relaxed much better than I did when I first became a relaxed head.

SparklingFlame

I'm thinking its that stick straight, no body hair. I dont miss that, esp since I have fine, thin hair anyway. But I think I have thickened up a bit and know how to take care of relaxed much better than I did when I first became a relaxed head.
Oooooooh!!

I actually liked that feeling back in the day when I was bone strait. I always thought that was a good thing.

ren214

I am considering to do this also, I like my hair straight and I rarely wear it curly anyway. I always blow dry it. So going from straight to texlax wont be too damaging?

PanamasOwn

thats a good question... I wonder what would the process time need to be to go from texlax to str8 hair... This houston humidty and unpreditacble weather is doing more harm, than good to my head

Jazzy413

For me it feels really flat to the head, no life, thin...But after a couple of washes, your hair feels normal again.

I also do not regret going back to straight again!

Yes this is what I think when I consider that after perm feel...i dont want that flat stuck to my head almost look. Could we get the same effect by continuing to add oils to the relaxer, but leaving it on longer than we would for texlaxing I wonder???

magviv

I had my first successful texlax last week. I think my texture is 4b so I knew that I would get ripples instead of the pretty curls that others get but I still wanted to see for myself and stop the incessant shedding.

Last week I loved my hair and got lots of compliments. This week my hair is big and dry and I'm having a difficult time styling it. Thoughts of returning to bone straight have been running through my mind.

Jazzy413

My issues have been maintaining a nice sleek style. Even my ponys look roough and kinda poofed up. I may end my stretch a bit earlier in March and relax a few inches away from bone straight.....I just dont think I can take it anymore!!