Natural who color rinse and straighten HELP!

QueenT

Okay I'm tired of my grey hairs. I'd like to use a black rinse. Can I still flat iron my hair if I have a color rinse. I've read a little about henna. But from what I've read, the effects of henna are permanent. I don't want to have to revisit a retouch situation every time I need to reapply color.

HELP!

Taleah2009

I am transitioning, and I rinse my hair black every few months, and I also straighten once a week or every two weeks. I usually alternate between rollersetting and flat ironing.

westNDNbeauty

Queen T, yes you can still flat iron your hair with a color rinse or with henna.

The effects of henna are NOT permanent. The color will wear off over time (3-4 washes). When using henna, please note to also have a moisturizing deep conditioner on hand. Without a moisture conditioner, it is highly likely that your hair will be straw-like/hard. But when used correctly, henna does produce wonderful results as it adds shine to your hair and thickens your hair strands. My hair appears fuller when I flat iron after using henna. But I must stress, you need a moisturizing conditioner after henna.

dlove

On 12/28 I rinsed/colored with Clairol's Beatiful collection semi perm. specifically designed for gray hair ( its in the gray bottle) in the midnight black and had very good gray hair coverage. I was really impressed being that I tried KISS and the regular Beautiful rinse in the past with little gray hair coverage. I flat ironed with sabino and had little to no breakage for the week. I washed last night and had very very few hairs in the comb.

HTH