Natural wants a hair cut, Need advice!

LeNghtyDreAms

So I'm really feeling a new hair style for the New year and I really want to cut my hair but keep it long. I want to get face framing layers, but im worried about how it would look on my natural hair when I wear it down. Does any one with natural hair have long face framing layers How does it look curly?
Also i want to get bangs, but I cant decide on wether I want full blunt bangs or long side swept bangs. Can u ladies inform me and help me decide PLease!!
This is a pic of my natural hair no product, and my face shape, so what do u think?

TIA

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 30

Nonie

Have you seen Billsbacker's hair or So1913? I think the cut they have is very versatile for both curly and straight styles.

Fhrizzball

Is your hair longer on one side? Or is that just the looser curls? I would advise having your hair cut while curly and against blunt bangs. Also look for a stylist that is skilled with curly hair and/or has natural hair themself.

LeNghtyDreAms

Hahaha so you noticed, yeah for some reason that section of hair has really loose curls, before I realized that i was cutting it because i thought it was waay longer than the other side.

So i should cut it curly? But will it still look good when i straigthen it? Now that I'm knocking on BSL's door I want to start flat ironing my hair more, so i need a versatile cut.

so1913

I don't know if I'd consider my hair "long" but as a natural, I've always had layers except for late last year through early this summer when I had closer to a blunt cut. If you go to someone who is skilled in textured hair and knows what they are doing, you should be able to achieve a layered style that works whether you style your hair naturally curly or wear it straight.

My layers have always been cut on blown out hair.

SEMO

Have you seen Billsbacker's hair or So1913? I think the cut they have is very versatile for both curly and straight styles.

Agreed. They both have wonderful cuts, and it I weren't so afraid of stylists, I would get my hair cut in a similar manner. :yep: