Blunt Cut

kim1006

I only want my hair cut/trimmed blunt, which is what I request whenever I have my hair cut/trimmed. However, hair stylists seem to insist on cutting/trimming my hair round, in layers, with bangs, you name it. I may walk in with a blunt cut, but I will most likely walk out with something completely different.

Is it really difficult to cut/trim hair blunt?

Does it require a specialized skill?

Last edited:

Evolving78

Blunt cutting is easy. I think the issue is they just aren't doing what you are telling them to do, based on aesthetics. It probably doesn't look good in their eyes.

So I think you have to really specify that you want a blunt cut, and your reasoning of why you want that type of cut.

Beauty industry people don't like doing things they aren't comfortable with, and having their name attached to it.

How long is your hair?

Lymegreen

I have the same problem when going to a new stylist. I usually also tell them that I want the 'cut' to be the style. That I don't want to do much to see the cut. I had a guy give me a W hem once because that was the style in this area for a long bob. I was like please..... cut it ___ . That was the last time I went to him because I was afraid of stylist revenge.

kim1006

Blunt cutting is easy. I think the issue is they just aren't doing what you are telling them to do, based on aesthetics. It probably doesn't look good in their eyes.

So I think you have to really specify that you want a blunt cut, and your reasoning of why you want that type of cut.

Beauty industry people don't like doing things they aren't comfortable with, and having their name attached to it.

How long is your hair?

I take pictures of myself wearing a blunt cut to new and old stylists to illustrate how to cut/trim my hair. I think some stylist believe a blunt cut is boring.

I have been asked by stylists at waist length what I am going to do with my hair next. My hair is currently mid back length.

This is really frustrating. I had my hair trimmed over the weekend by a stylist I have patronized over the years - my first trim by her though. I asked to face the mirror while she trimmed my hair. I saw her angle her scissors for a layered cut although I showed her a picture of me wearing my hair blunt and requested she trim it that way.

Evolving78

I take pictures of myself wearing a blunt cut to new and old stylists to illustrate how to cut/trim my hair. I think some stylist believe a blunt cut is boring.

I have been asked by stylists at waist length what I am going to do with my hair next. My hair is currently mid back length.

This is really frustrating. I had my hair trimmed over the weekend by a stylist I have patronized over the years - my first trim by her though. I asked to face the mirror while she trimmed my hair. I saw her angle her scissors for a layered cut although I showed her a picture of me wearing my hair blunt and requested she trim it that way.
Yep, I figured it was a matter of "their professional opinion", taking precedence over what you requested. Plus, your hair is long, so they feel layers will look better.

Since your hair is long, have you though about doing it yourself? Have you tried like a Super Cuts type of salon? You could probably do the ponytail method if all of your hair is one length.

kim1006

Yep, I figured it was a matter of "their professional opinion", taking precedence over what you requested. Plus, your hair is long, so they feel layers will look better.

Since your hair is long, have you though about doing it yourself? Have you tried like a Super Cuts type of salon? You could probably do the ponytail method if all of your hair is one length.

I am too afraid to trim my own hair. However, I probably could not do any worst. No, I have not tried Super Cuts but might in the future. Someone else suggested I go to an Asain stylist for trims and cuts.

Last edited:

Destiny9109

I like my ends blunt but not the shape. I hope that makes sense. I think Reniece cuts are like that.

kim1006

Go to Great Clips and bring a picture. I am a very picky client. So after I request a consultation they are scared to veer off from what I want. My cut took like 5 minutes and it's similar to the picture that's posted above.
Thank you!!!!