Fringe: Do or a Don't??

What kind of fringe is flattering??

• Long straight bangs that dip to your eyes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long side swept bangs.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Short straight bangs above your eye brows.

• Short side swept bangs.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No bangs at all.

• Don't know.

• Total voters

Mamamia

Ive been thinking about changing up my style alittle. My hair has some layers and is close to brastrap length. I see that bangs are in again. What do you ladies think? Is it a do or a don't? What bangs do you think are most flattering: straight across, side swept, long, short?

RZILYNT

I like bangs. It gives style when your hair is up or in a bun.
I had them and I am growing them out a little longer. I had straight accross, but now I am looking for a different look for the fall So I am attempting side swept look.

Face shape is a good determining factor of how to cut them, but to do or don't is totally individual.

Bangs allow me a little style without me getting a "real hair cut".

I am sure that yours will look nice however you decide.

RZ~

Cichelle

Side swept bangs can look really good on some folks.

Regardless, I'll never cut bangs again. They are such a pain in the *** to grow out. At least, that was my experience. YMMV. :)

JustKiya

It really depends on the shape of your face and how things are arranged on it.... I hate having hair in my face, so I almost never wear bangs - I might do twisted bangs for an event, but that's about it.

My personal favorite (on other people) is the long bang, soft and to the side.

Mamamia

Thanks. I've done the side swept before and have gotten many complements. Do you think girls are more apprehensive about a straight across look? My face is more oval than anything so I believe its pretty versatile. Thanks for the comments

JustKiya

I think the straight across look can make you look - harsh. FemBot like, even. :lol: I think you have to have a VERY baby face for the straight across look to not make you look uber harsh.

Mamamia

I just saw the other post on bangs. I think I may do it sometime next month. I'll post pictures!

Lyoness

I love fringes of any kind! I'm tempted to give myself a straight fringe, I've had a side swept 1 for a few years now.

What's the best way to maintain a straight fringe without using heat everyday? I remember in the past I had a fringe and I wore a curler to bed.. I woke up with a sausage roll tight up to my hairline so that did'nt work for me!!

unalteredone

It really depends on your face. I've had longer side swept bangs for a long time (you can kinda see it in my avatar), and then recently, i got a part of that bang cut shorter to above eye level, so now i have two different bangs to play with! I like having that versatility, and now my eyes are more visible, even when i'm rocking my longer bangs.(hard to explain,lol)