Natural Stylist Jacked My Hair Up

dicapr

I ended up getting my hair cut twice in the space of two days. The first day I drove an hour to a natural salon with great reviews. To make a long story short the stylist didn't know how to cut natural hair and when I got home I found out that the cut was uneven and the bang portion of my hair was so short that I won't be able to wear a wash and go for a long time. She knew she had made a mess of my hair now that I think about it in retrospect. She never gave me a mirror when she finished the cut, she asked me a second time whether my primary style was a wash n go (which it currently was) and pinned up the blow out with two sloppy fat twist rather than offering to let me wear my hair blown out. When I got to the car and saw how she "styled" my hair I had a gut feeling that something was wrong. When I got home and undid the twist I found that the bang she cut was way too short and that the cut was uneven. I ended up going to Wal.Mart the next day to have someone recut my hair. So I went from scraping APL to neck length this week. I feel like calling the natural salon and demanding my $50 back!

OP, I'm sorry that this happened to you!
:bighug:

How did you get referred to this stylist?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

I am so sorry!! Something similar happened to me not long after I went natural so I understand your anger.

I'm sorry this happened but please don't ever go to a salon, put money in the stylist hand, and get up and leave! There should be mirrors up and through there!! You should see their creation before you go home :nono: I can't even picture a salon with no mirrors

MileHighDiva the salon was recommended to me by a friend. She went there to have her hair styled in comb coils and was very pleased. The owner also had a great portfolio on line and the salon looked very professional. It may be that the stylist I had can style but isn't great at cutting.

Have you spoke to the owner? Or, is the owner and stylist the same person. Did she cut it wet?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Back