Natural Stylist Jacked My Hair Up

dicapr

I ended up getting my hair cut twice in the space of two days. The first day I drove an hour to a natural salon with great reviews. To make a long story short the stylist didn't know how to cut natural hair and when I got home I found out that the cut was uneven and the bang portion of my hair was so short that I won't be able to wear a wash and go for a long time. She knew she had made a mess of my hair now that I think about it in retrospect. She never gave me a mirror when she finished the cut, she asked me a second time whether my primary style was a wash n go (which it currently was) and pinned up the blow out with two sloppy fat twist rather than offering to let me wear my hair blown out. When I got to the car and saw how she "styled" my hair I had a gut feeling that something was wrong. When I got home and undid the twist I found that the bang she cut was way too short and that the cut was uneven. I ended up going to Wal.Mart the next day to have someone recut my hair. So I went from scraping APL to neck length this week. I feel like calling the natural salon and demanding my $50 back!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
OP, I'm sorry that this happened to you!
:bighug:

How did you get referred to this stylist?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

DigitalRain

I am so sorry!! Something similar happened to me not long after I went natural so I understand your anger.

beauti

I'm sorry this happened but please don't ever go to a salon, put money in the stylist hand, and get up and leave! There should be mirrors up and through there!! You should see their creation before you go home :nono: I can't even picture a salon with no mirrors

dicapr

MileHighDiva the salon was recommended to me by a friend. She went there to have her hair styled in comb coils and was very pleased. The owner also had a great portfolio on line and the salon looked very professional. It may be that the stylist I had can style but isn't great at cutting.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Have you spoke to the owner? Or, is the owner and stylist the same person. Did she cut it wet?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF