Help me communicate my desired cut to my stylist

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I am going for a consultation to get my hair cut Tuesday. The lady who's cutting it is white, and from what I understand, they tend to cut the hair when it's wet. I informed the receptionist that I am black and have natural, highly textured hair. There's no particular way that she wants me to have my hair for the consult. My desired cut is long layers. I searched all over for pics, but I was unsuccessful in finding natural hair cut in long layers. How can I convey my desired outcome to this stylist without pics? Thanks

Tell her exactly where you want your shortest layer to stop like armpit,brastrap,etc, and show her. I would also tell her where I want my overall length to stop.

Ok, I'm sorry I looked at your thread and can't leave a good response. I really don't know what to say but ditto what the last member said and maybe use your hands to show what direction you want your hair to fall. And tell her how long you want each layer to be, if you want them descending in length and whatnot.

I can't because I don't want you to cut it :cry: ...it's very pretty just the way it is in your siggy. :up:

leleepop said:
Tell her exactly where you want your shortest layer to stop like armpit,brastrap,etc, and show her. I would also tell her where I want my overall length to stop.

I think this is a good idea. She should be able to deal with it as caucasians have as many hair types as we do...Good luck with it

PS: If you feel she's not getting it at the consult.....RUN!

Back