Natural Hair Goals

I am not natural YET, but my goal for my hair when it's all natural is for it to be the length it is now (while stretched) so that my Wash N' Go's will come just past shoulder length. :cool:

My hair is natural. My goal is to continuing learning more about what my hair does and doesn't like, and to continue perfecting my regimen.

I would like my hair to be all one length, no layers.
I also want healthy hair, no breakage or split ends.

Not natural yet... still transitioning. My first goal is to cut the relaxed ends... and find products that my natural hair likes... (i.e. make it soft and look healthy and moist... oh yeah and make my little spirals pop). The next goal is to grow my hair out to about the length that Blueflower has... I :love: her hair. I think mine may be alittle more tightly coiled though...

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
This is too damn funny!!:lol::lachen:I have a new boyfriend too (white guy) and he thinks my wig is my real hair and I don't know how to tell him that I am wearing a wig. I just get dumb struck when he starts asking How long does it take to do your hair?:look: How do you get your hair like that?:look: I showed him one of my pics with my wig on and he said "It looks like you got chunks of highlights in your hair why don't you do it like that again.":confused: Then another time he was telling me how he imagined us going out and I had my hair in a bun.:eek::look: In my mind I was saying wish my hair could go in a bun right now.:ohwell::lol:

I do want to tell him that I am wearing a wig before it's too late where I am completely embarrassed:eek::eek: but I can't seem to get it out. I don't know why.:perplexed I thought that he would know that it was a wig after touching it but I guess not. I was also thinking that maybe he thinks that it's a wig that's why he keeps on asking these questions for me to say yes it's not my real hair. So ladies who have been in a similiar position? How did you handle it? Do you tell your man or do you continue to have him fooled.:)

See, now you got me thinking...my guy is black so he knows not to touch my hair (until permission is granted). If he ever gets to feeling frisky, he might accidently snatch the wig off and reveal the comfy grip and Miss Ceily plaits. I am in braids now (thank God). I may just tell him I wear wigs when I am out of braids to avoid exposure. :eek:

Here are all my short and long term goals.

1. To grow out the heat damage from transitioning. I gave up finding my camera anytime soon to document 1 yr growth so I did a mini trim yesterday.

2. First length milestone: To be able to pull it back into a pony tail.

3. Second length milestone: All over collar bone. I can already almost pull my nape there.

4. Third length milestone: Arm pit length.

5. Fourth length milestone: Bra strap when stretched.

6. Find a way to get better curl definition at my crown. Figure out if its damaged, porous or just an entirely different texture all together. Its probably the texture thing.

7. Some time during all this make it to NY to see some friends and get an appt at Lorraine Massey's Devachan or Curves for a cut to compliment my curlz. :) I want my hair all over to be at least collar bone length for this.

8. Weed through the tons of shampoos and conditioners I have and figure out what works best for me. I'm pretty happy with the qhemet, bbd stretch and smooth shine curl activator for styling products, tho there are a couple of lines I still want to try.

:beach:

Last edited:
I've gotten to my first goal whcih is healthy, shoulder length natural hair, but my ultimate goal is to get to close to or pass BSL natural including the shrinkage factor which is huge. Right now I'm aiming for BSL unstretched/WSL stretched.

Last edited:
not natural yet but close. my goal is:
1.to have elbow length hair when stretched(I might not want it so long the closer it gets, so I'll see)
2. to be able to wear wash and gos for mininal styling
3. keep the layers and deal with it beacaue my hair is way too thick
4. continue to eat healthy and use organinc products

Country gal said:
What is your goal for your natural hair?

For me, it would be for my natural hair to continue to be healthy and grow long.

Same here! Also, I want it to sit below my shoulders (mid-back) when wearing a twistout.

Sascha said:
sorry to hijack but Asha, your hair is looking Fab!

This is too funny! :D I was going to post the same thing about you. I just left peeping your album. Right back at cha! Your hair is beautiful!

Your ponytail in your 2005 folder is another hair goal of mine:love:. Simply marvelous!

my goals are:

1. To have healthy ends
2. To have my hair all one length
4. To have waist length hair
5. To have beautiful color (like webby)

I am a new transitioner but I have some high expectations of my natural hair:

• Healthy, breakage-free hair with NO SPLIT ENDS!
  • Natural, bra-strap length hair (or as long as it can grow!)
  • Big, thick hair that I can do a wash and go on & the knowledge of haircare and natural hairstyles
  • Finally, I want a vivid red Sebastians rinse like Webby

I figure I'll reach my goals in a couple of years and have fun while I'm going it. :)

donna894 said:
My hair is natural. My goal is to continuing learning more about what my hair does and doesn't like, and to continue perfecting my regimen.

Your hair looks like it is permed. I use to think natural hair always was kinky. I remember looking at Sweetcocoa and saying her hair is natural. I remember having limited views on natural hair. It is so great to see so many naturals that break the steretypes. We should have a natural hair theme song. :lol:

Donna- nice hair. I am with you on perfecting a regimen. I also agree with some of the other ladies of just accepting my natural without overly high expectations.

A co-worker of mine started dating a guy when she had her hair pressed. Her natural hair is tightly curled which I think is adorable. When she wore her natural hair in it's natural state, he said he wouldn't have asked her out. She and I were saying at least when our hair is naturally kinky that guys just have to accept it. Our hair can't always be straight.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
This is too damn funny!!:lol::lachen:I have a new boyfriend too (white guy) and he thinks my wig is my real hair and I don't know how to tell him that I am wearing a wig. I just get dumb struck when he starts asking How long does it take to do your hair?:look: How do you get your hair like that?:look: I showed him one of my pics with my wig on and he said "It looks like you got chunks of highlights in your hair why don't you do it like that again.":confused: Then another time he was telling me how he imagined us going out and I had my hair in a bun.:eek::look: In my mind I was saying wish my hair could go in a bun right now.:ohwell::lol:

I do want to tell him that I am wearing a wig before it's too late where I am completely embarrassed:eek::eek: but I can't seem to get it out. I don't know why.:perplexed I thought that he would know that it was a wig after touching it but I guess not. I was also thinking that maybe he thinks that it's a wig that's why he keeps on asking these questions for me to say yes it's not my real hair. So ladies who have been in a similiar position? How did you handle it? Do you tell your man or do you continue to have him fooled.:)
Girl, how did you get yourself in such a jam??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I suggest: One day, do a really nice style with your own hair, and act real cool. If he asks you what happened to your hair, look him straight in the eyes with your most beautiful innocent smile and tell him "that was a wig, baby! Didn't you know? I like to have fun and wear different styles whenever the mood strikes me..." That should be the end of it. ;)

Jessy55 said:
Girl, how did you get yourself in such a jam??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I suggest: One day, do a really nice style with your own hair, and act real cool. If he asks you what happened to your hair, look him straight in the eyes with your most beautiful innocent smile and tell him "that was a wig, baby! Didn't you know? I like to have fun and wear different styles whenever the mood strikes me..." That should be the end of it. ;)

:grin::lachen:I know right!!:ohwell: Well I hope that would be the end of it.:lol: I am sure he will still like me regardless:yep:. At least I hope so:look:. Anyway thanks girl for your wonderful suggestion:kiss:. I was planning on doing this but I was waiting until my hair gets a little bit longer. At least long enough to go into a a low or high ponytail without just a few strands of hair hanging out.:Clown::)

Have we reached our goals? It's been over a year since I became natural. I am loving it. My hair is has gotten really thick and healthy. It has grown a lot. I just hope to have my natural hair grown to bra strap. Hoping to achieve this in a year's time. When stretched , it touches my shoulders in the back.

My goals are to maintain the health of my hair and to grow it very long. I am hoping for BSL (for my longest layer) by the end of this year. I'm getting close, so I think I can do it. I can't wait until my bangs grow out. They are well past my chin now, but it will be easier to put them back in my ponytail when they grow a few more inches.

I want long hair to bra stap plait or twist at the front .long kanerow's with my own hair.No more braids for me

1st Goal: Shoulder length hair (not stretched)
2nd Goal: APL hair (not stretched)
3rd Goal: BSL hair (not stretched)

I'm on my way to the 1st goal, hopefully I'll meet that by the end of the year! :)

Goal #1 a puff bigger than my head. #2 Box plaits that hang down my back. And to maintain a beautiful, healthy, thick, lush, head of afro kinky hair!

Everyones hair is soooo lovely and beautiful! My first goal was to nurse my hair and scalp back to health and I have accomplished that. Along that journey I managed to get some length. My new short term goal is to get past my current hair length,which is usually the point where I cut it off because of breakage. For a longer range plan, I am aiming to have my twists touch my shoulders including the shrinkage factor. This summer I am about to be a hair nazi!!!!!

Last edited:
I have never reached APL but would love to surpass this and get to brastrap.
I want to learn to cornrow and flat twist

i Would love to be waistlength or buttlength natural i would just do one long braid with my texture so pretty ahhhh in the meantime i m keep my hair in protective styles and using up all my pills and regimen to get there. Once i get there no more pill popping :p maybe just a multivit for overall health and a protein shake in the morning but i m even sure buttlength would be too much even midback i be happy wit it :D i have this vision of Diana Ross in the video "i want muscles" ever since i want my hair like that:lol:

My 1st goal is APL stretched....my 2nd goal is BSL stretched....my ultimate goal is BSL unstretched. :eek:

I have actually given up . my hair was never long and I really believe that some people's hair will never be long regardless of mixed races hair type etc. I just had to cut off 3 inches because my ends were soo thin. So I am back to a twa after growing my hair for so many years . My goal is to have healthy hair no matter what the length.
No more product junkeeism.sorry for being such a debbie downer on the long hair thing.

Last edited:
Back