Natural Hair Goals

Country gal

What is your goal for your natural hair?

For me, it would be for my natural hair to continue to be healthy and grow long. I am really anxious to continue being a napptural head but I can't wait for it to grow. Shoulder lenght would work for me right now.

My goal is to improve the overall health of my hair (body and mind) and to continue practices that are non-damaging.

My hair grows super slowly--so I will be happy for any length achieved.

Along with my overall natural hair goals is to keep the ends in good shape.

i want it to be full, healthy, all one length and breakage free....even if that meant it would stay this length id be fine with that....

Before I knew that I would have thin hair for the rest of my life (it's hereditary), my goal was thick hair. Since i'm no longer delusional, my hair goals are health and length in that order.

I'm going to agree with Aminata, plus add The overall health of my body too. I've heard that what you eat also effects how your hair grows. :)

Long healthy hair that offers a true picture of how well I nurture my body...or at least plan to. I'm still working on the nurturing part.

i also have thin hair which is hereditary. and i think the vitamins have done the best they can as far as thickness goes. right now, i want to chop of my relaxed ends and rock my twa with pride. overall, i just want healthy natural hair. and oh, length :D

Dolapo said:
i also have thin hair which is hereditary. and i think the vitamins have done the best they can as far as thickness goes. right now, i want to chop of my relaxed ends and rock my twa with pride. overall, i just want healthy natural hair. and oh, length :D

My hair thicken up quickly once I got rid of the perm. My hair is very full and healthy. So you may have thick hair too once the relaxed part is all gone.

TO continue to take good care of my hair and devote the time to it that it needs. To have healthy brastrap hair Jan 2006 or sometime in 2006. Beyond that as long as it will grow. ** Keep my hands away from my scissors since I tend to trim too much. **

My "big" goal right now is to get my hair all at armpit length when stretched. The back should be there by the end of the year if I don't have any setbacks, but my bangs are not even to my chin yet, so it's going to be a while. I've got little milestones along the way to keep me motivated :yep:

To reach bottom of bra strap when stretched by December 2006. Currently almost one length bra strap (stretched) with the back creeping down. Also want to have it as thick as possible and that is coming along as well.Bonjour

My goals are healthy hair, bra strap when stretched by May 2007, and to find staple products that nurture my hair.

I want my hair to be as healthy as possible and to grow as long as it possibly can. One day I just might loc my hair......I think locs are soooo beautiful.

My ultimate goal is hip length hair and as thick and healthy as it can be. I reckon it will take about 1-2 years for that to happen...sigh!

My main goal is to love my hair whatever length or thickness it is. I want to stop comparing my hair to others and just love what God has given me.
Also, stop telling negative people my hair goals and stop being so lazy to do my own hair that I put it in the hands of negative hair stylists who really know nothing about my hair but claim they do because they went to beauty school for a few years.

I also need to maintain my healthy diet because for years I deprived my body of the necessary nutrients etc. as a result of lazines. Taking vitamins have really helped me to make sure that I am getting such nutrients.

Now, In terms of my actual hair...because I have rather fine hair, I would like to grow it all in one length so that it appears thicker. My goal in terms of length is probably about 15-16 inches. I believe I should be able to achieve that length although the longest my hair has ever been is about 8 inches, which I achieved as a result of looking after my hair properly, but I cut it down to 4 inches to maintain the health.

I would :love: BS length (curly). But given my shrinkage rate, that'll take FOREVER to achieve. Soooo, I'd equally :love: shoulder length (curly) & all 1 length!

I just want to know how to handle my hair w/ tlc and learn how to braid, twist, and style it, so won't be tempted to texturize it. Peachtree, I love your hair!

i want natural waist length THICK hair, but I don't really see myself wearing it out much. I'm getting into this wig thing because I've always wanted to color my hair, but I don't want chemicals in my head so I'm loving the wig stage!!! I'll wear it out sometimes though because the boyfriend doesn't like weave.

bellydancer said:
i want natural waist length THICK hair, but I don't really see myself wearing it out much. I'm getting into this wig thing because I've always wanted to color my hair, but I don't want chemicals in my head so I'm loving the wig stage!!! I'll wear it out sometimes though because the boyfriend doesn't like weave.

I have a new boyfriend and everytime we go out or he stops by to visit, I am sporting the wig or a scarf. He always tells me how nice I look. I want to tell him "this ain't my real hair". It has been 5 months now and he still doesn't know. (I don't want to overwhelm him with the bush LOL).

My hair goal for 2005 is to grow my hair 5 inches past bra-strap by December.
My hair is currently 1 1/2 inches past bra strap as of today so I have about 4 more inches to go.

I want my box braids and twists to be brastrap, my twist outs to be well past my shoulders and my straightened hair to be waistlength. My target date is approx two years since I joined this forum ... hopefully that will happen.

AllAboutTheHair said:
I have a new boyfriend and everytime we go out or he stops by to visit, I am sporting the wig or a scarf. He always tells me how nice I look. I want to tell him "this ain't my real hair". It has been 5 months now and he still doesn't know. (I don't want to overwhelm him with the bush LOL).

This is too damn funny!!:lol::lachen:I have a new boyfriend too (white guy) and he thinks my wig is my real hair and I don't know how to tell him that I am wearing a wig. I just get dumb struck when he starts asking How long does it take to do your hair?:look: How do you get your hair like that?:look: I showed him one of my pics with my wig on and he said "It looks like you got chunks of highlights in your hair why don't you do it like that again.":confused: Then another time he was telling me how he imagined us going out and I had my hair in a bun.:eek::look: In my mind I was saying wish my hair could go in a bun right now.:ohwell::lol:

I do want to tell him that I am wearing a wig before it's too late where I am completely embarrassed:eek::eek: but I can't seem to get it out. I don't know why.:perplexed I thought that he would know that it was a wig after touching it but I guess not. I was also thinking that maybe he thinks that it's a wig that's why he keeps on asking these questions for me to say yes it's not my real hair. So ladies who have been in a similiar position? How did you handle it? Do you tell your man or do you continue to have him fooled.:)

i have a lot of goals for my hair.
1. to be able to wear my hair in a bun
2. to have my twists be at least shoulder length so that i can wear them in an updo
3. to find my staple products. one that will make my hair lay down right
4. i would like my hair to grow as much as possible. i've been at neck length for 4 years now and i would love if it would grow at least 3 more inches.
5. i would like my hair to stop being sooo dry.

Back