Natural 4A/B Wash N Go Question

Robin41

Any naturals with 4A/B hair texture able to do a successful wash n go without looking like Frederick Douglas?

If so, please post your products and regimen. My hair always winds up looking more frizzy than curly and it drives me mad. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Silkycoils

*spitting out drink* Not Frederick Douglas!!! :lachen:

:sekret:

Anywho, I'm 4a/4b and IMO, we're just gonna have to do a lil more manipulatin' than others or yes, you will look like Florida Evans (not that there's anything wrong with that :sekret:).

guesswho

Robin41 said:
Any naturals with 4A/B hair texture able to do a successful wash n go without looking like Frederick Douglas?

If so, please post your products and regimen. My hair always winds up looking more frizzy than curly and it drives me mad. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

we had alot of these wash and go questions today I think summer is bringing out the quick hairstyles lol, I am mostly 4a with some 4b's in between my hair is really tough without products but these are the things that work I use sebastian laminates sheer curl on soaking wet hair I then add some oyin seal and shine serum and when that airdrys I put my miss jessies curly buttercreme and that's the outcome in my siggy, I have many more wash and go routines but I'm liking this now:)

SEMO

Robin41 said:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Frederick Douglas??? You are trying to kill me! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Anyway, I just did a wash-n-go today as a matter of fact. I usually use Garnier Fructis curl & shine leave creme to keep my hair curly. It gives me a light hold and keeps my curls intact. But if I use too much my hair gets a little crunchy. But, I get lots of shrinkage b/c it may work a little too well. While completely wet my hair is about collar bone length....shoulder length after an hour or two........and finally a little longer than neck length by the end of the day. :ohwell: But the curls are still there.

hopeful

I can't wash and go, not because of the frizz but because I have several different textures and they shrink at different rates so for my hair to look the way I want I braid or twist first and then everything seems to even out somehow.

Robin41

Silkynaps said:
*spitting out drink* Not Frederick Douglas!!! :lachen:

Anywho, I'm 4a/4b and IMO, we're just gonna have to do a lil more manipulatin' than others or yes, you will look like Florida Evans (not that there's anything wrong with that :sekret:).

Yeah, your photo is pretty much how my hair looked the other day. Like you said, though, not that there's anything wrong with that. Just not the look I was going for.

Robin41

guesswho said:
we had alot of these wash and go questions today I think summer is bringing out the quick hairstyles lol, I am mostly 4a with some 4b's in between my hair is really tough without products but these are the things that work I use sebastian laminates sheer curl on soaking wet hair I then add some oyin seal and shine serum and when that airdrys I put my miss jessies curly buttercreme and that's the outcome in my siggy, I have many more wash and go routines but I'm liking this now:)

I love your regimen and your outcome is more of what I'm looking for. I'll give it a shot. Thank you so much!

Robin41

SEMO said:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Frederick Douglas??? You are trying to kill me! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Anyway, I just did a wash-n-go today as a matter of fact. I usually use Garnier Fructis curl & shine leave creme to keep my hair curly. It gives me a light hold and keeps my curls intact. But if I use too much my hair gets a little crunchy. But, I get lots of shrinkage b/c it may work a little too well. While completely wet my hair is about collar bone length....shoulder length after an hour or two........and finally a little longer than neck length by the end of the day. :ohwell: But the curls are still there.

I have the same problem with the shrinkage when I airdry. I think I'll try to stretch and blow dry the roots with a diffuser to get a little more length next time.

Robin41

hopeful said:
I can't wash and go, not because of the frizz but because I have several different textures and they shrink at different rates so for my hair to look the way I want I braid or twist first and then everything seems to even out somehow.

I've settled on the twist-out for today but I'm not always up for the challenge of twisting every night. My hair is soft and won't hold the twisted pattern more than a day even when I twist with setting lotion. Twisting or braiding does help with the shrinkage problem though. Thanks!

hopeful

Robin41 said:
I've settled on the twist-out for today but I'm not always up for the challenge of twisting every night. My hair is soft and won't hold the twisted pattern more than a day even when I twist with setting lotion. Twisting or braiding does help with the shrinkage problem though. Thanks!

Robin41 I thought of one more thing. You know I have gotten a really pretty wash and go when I applied quite a bit of product (Curling Custard or Qhemet's Gel) and comb in through my hair section by section. It comes out pretty curly looking and uniform. The thing is it doesn't really feel like a wash and go because it takes a while for me to comb through all of that product. My hair is pretty dense. I think of a wash and go as being quick. I can spritz with a little water and where it out again the next day but after that I either have to rewash or twist it or something because my hair starts to feel sticky and my hair starts to feel dry.

baby42

Silkynaps said:
*spitting out drink* Not Frederick Douglas!!! :lachen:girl you and me both you are bad:lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol: :lachen: