Name your best heat protectant.

Bosslady1

I have not found the perfect heat protectant! The ones I have tried (which are not too many) leave a film or residue on my hair. I am 14 weeks post and my new growth needs proper taming!

Can a heat protectant be a creme press or a humectant?

The ones I have tried but will not buy again are:

- Fantasia OC Heat Protectant Serum - not impressed
- V05 Straight gel - causes my hair to snap crackle pop.
- Dudley Creme Press - kinda good but leaves hair oily.

What is your staple heat protectant?

Aidenberry03

I tend to be really heavy handed with the serums, and I dont think I get good coverage, so the spray is the best bet for me. Plus the proclaim is super cheap and the go on sale quite often. I bought my i think...12 oz for 5.00.

Bosslady1

foxy kc said:
Paul Mitchell super skinny serum....

I saw this in JC Penny Salon yesterday! hmmm..when I go back this weekend for my Thermasmooth Treatment and strawcurl set, I will pick this up.

Thanks for the advice!

Bosslady1

loreal99 said:
Proclaim Glossing Spray---It gives a light mist when it comes out the bottle and it is not heavy.

I have Rusk glossing spray. Isn't a glossing spray something you use as a finishing product?

Aidenberry03

This particular product you can use as both. I check the ingredients and it "cone" based. In this case "glossing" just makes the product sound good, but it has been the best by far.

Chi Silk Infusion, worked great the first few times I used it, but I does not allow me to moisturize, by day 3 my hair was dry and crispy:ohwell:

Proclaim glossing polish serum, way to heavy but it was good for sealing my ends.

Bosslady1 said:
I have Rusk glossing spray. Isn't a glossing spray something you use as a finishing product?

Bosslady1

janeemat said:
Mizani Therma Strength Serum. Apply a little to wet hair and proceed.

Now I am torn... This weekend I am getting there Thermasmooth treatment. I will ask the hair dresser about this product.

Thank you for the help!

Bosslady1

Pixel Lady said:
Mizani and Redken (Heat Glide).

You KNOW your hair is nice...:lol: With that said...*off 2 check out Redken goods.:lol:

Off Topic: I might have to look for that Keratin Oil and use it as part of my hot oil treats.

Which product do you prefer?

Bosslady1

nikki1971 said:
I really like Redken Heat Glide

Does it leave your hair soft and manageable afterwards? Do you see any breakage after using this product?

With the Dudley Creme Press I was using, I saw breakage (not alot) afterwards. My hair was oily but not moisturized.

Bosslady1

loreal99 said:
This particular product you can use as both. I check the ingredients and it "cone" based. In this case "glossing" just makes the product sound good, but it has been the best by far.

Chi Silk Infusion, worked great the first few times I used it, but I does not allow me to moisturize, by day 3 my hair was dry and crispy:ohwell:

Proclaim glossing polish serum, way to heavy but it was good for sealing my ends.

After your review, it sounds like I might not try either.:ohwell:

I want a product that is not too heavy, does not leave my hair feeling "tight" or "out of the norm" after I use it and one that does not just "coat the hair cuticles".

...Does this product exist!?:lachen:

Bosslady1

luving me said:
Chi Silk Inf. I only flat iron 2 or 3 times a year but when I do I use Chi.

The Silk Infusion is spoken of fondly on this board...

If I plan to use Chi in the future, I might have to do the "special set", which includes the poo, cond. & treatment.

This CHI is on my list of things to try...

Loreal99 said she doesn't like it. How does this product help you?

Aidenberry03

Chi...sucks, sorta:ohwell:

The only thing with this product, is that you have to moisturize very well before you apply it. Also I think it works better when you put it on wet hair opposed to dry.

Still pumping up Proclaim, I use it on dry hair:lol:

When I take my braids out, I will take some pictures of a flat iron with each.

Bosslady1

loreal99 said:
Chi...sucks, sorta:ohwell:

The only thing with this product, is that you have to moisturize very well before you apply it. Also I think it works better when you put it on wet hair opposed to dry.

Still pumping up Proclaim, I use it on dry hair:lol:

When I take my braids out, I will take some pictures of a flat iron with each.

Sounds like a plan!