My new hairdresser doesn't use moisturizer or heat protectant-help!

C

chica_canella

So i went to this guy and he was really rough pulling my hair and crap. thank god I have thick hair. So, when he blowdryed my hair, he sprayed some body volume stuff in and my hair was looking fab and still does. Two problems, when I asked him about a heat protectant he said he used a ion dryer and a ceramic flatiron which decreases the heat stress on the hair. I'm like, "oh". but in the back of my mind, my lhcf knowledge is still thinking about it. I think regardless of the amount of heat he still should use a heat protectant.

Second problem:my hair feels moisturized now but he says it should stay like that for 2 weeks. I've read that the coating from conditioner wears out after 4 days but the products he use are alot of money. like a tube of 8 oz. serum costs $17.

So he blowdryed using a ion dryer and it does sound like the air is circulating much more dif than a regular blowdryer and he uses a low amount of heat w/ the flat iron but more heat with the blow dryer. I'm natural 3c/4a and my hair feels great now but I got it done on Thursday night. not that many days. and he recommended an oil bazed moisturizer (don't even know if you can call it that) hot oil 8 or some oily crap yet he doesn't use oil in my hair.

So I bought some ORS hair moisturizing lotion and am going to only put a dime or quarter amount size in my hair to my ends. Do you think it will revert.

And comment on his comments also. Thanks ya'll.:)

HoneyDew

Do you mean the flatironed straightness reverting? For me, only certain moisturizers can keep my hair from reverting back to its texlaxed pre-flatironed texture. ORS olive oil is one of them, but I use Aveda Universal Styling creme and Qhemet's Olive oil detangler.

As far as him not using moisturizer, many stylists don't, in my experiences. But many of them at least use a heat protectant.

Now, the fact that he said use an oil based moisturizer is crap. That is just not good enough in most cases!! Okay, I admit - my leave in Sidr Tree Butter Balm has water listed as the 2nd ingredient and the 1st as Mowrah Butter, which I guess is technically an oil. That stuff leaves my hair SUPER MOISTURIZED.

But, most oil based moisturizers just don't give me long term moisture. I had a good experience getting shine using Natural Oasis hair and scalp conditioner which is an oil pomade, but it could ever be used as a moisturizer.

Honestly, if I went to him, after the things he did and said, I would not go back. (or insist that he do things the wa I like)

C

chica_canella

HoneyDew said:
Do you mean the flatironed straightness reverting? For me, only certain moisturizers can keep my hair from reverting back to its texlaxed pre-flatironed texture. ORS olive oil is one of them, but I use Aveda Universal Styling creme and Qhemet's Olive oil detangler.

As far as him not using moisturizer, many stylists don't, in my experiences. But many of them at least use a heat protectant.

Now, the fact that he said use an oil based moisturizer is crap. That is just not good enough in most cases!! Okay, I admit - my leave in Sidr Tree Butter Balm has water listed as the 2nd ingredient and the 1st as Mowrah Butter, which I guess is technically an oil. That stuff leaves my hair SUPER MOISTURIZED.

But, most oil based moisturizers just don't give me long term moisture. I had a good experience getting shine using Natural Oasis hair and scalp conditioner which is an oil pomade, but it could ever be used as a moisturizer.

Honestly, if I went to him, after the things he did and said, I would not go back. (or insist that he do things the wa I like)

yeah, i meant going back to its natural texture. i didn't want it to do that. and plus oil makes the hair look nasty if i'm attempting to use it for moisture and it weighs the hair down.

he said use hot oil 8. that's a light oil but i don't want that greasy look.

Thanks so much honeydew. i will def try the ors moisturizing lotion i bought.:D