n-e-1 use kid's relaxer?

BrEE

n-e-1 use kid\'s relaxer?

i'm 19 and have always been using a kid's relaxer since my first relaxer at the age of 10(beautiful beginning). i have fine hair that looks thin so i've never considered using an adult's relaxer.plus the few times i have used adult's relaxers they ALWAYS burned and left scabs. but after hearing no lye relaxers are damaging to the hair i just purchased motions for kids creme relaxer and neutralizing shampoo. i was just wondering if any of you have ever used it or have kids that use it. on the box it doesnt say lye nor does it say no lye. but i think it's lye right????and also isn't suppose to come in a packaged box or something??i bought the shampoo and relaxer as individual items,isn't there suppose to be more or something. no box or nothing,weird.

CICI24

Re: n-e-1 use kid\'s relaxer?

I just purchased the PCJ relaxer in lye for my next touch-up. I too have fine hair. It sounds like the motions kids relaxer you bought is lye, let me know how you like it!

jrw

I always use Beautiful Beginnings. I love it and don't plan to switch. I don't know if I have ever seen Motions for Kids relaxer. Be sure to post your results.

BrEE

you love it??oh gosh, me too. maybe i should return the motions and get my beautiful beginnings.i dont want anything going wrong. for some reason i ALWAYS get scared when i get relaxer i just feel like somethings gonna go wrong, and i've come tooooo far in length.and yeah motions does have a kid's relaxer "motions for kids creme relaxer" to be exact. if i dont start getting some replies of people who have used this product i think im gonna go back to the store and return it for my beautiful beginnings.

caralexis2005

beautiful beginnings is no lye, correct?
also, be careful of ones that dont state that they are lye or nolye. when i went to check out the pcj relaxer for delicate hair they had one for kids and one for adults. the one for adults didnt say if it was no lye or not. but when i looked on the ingredient list, sure enough it said calcium hydroxide which is no lye. sodium hydroxide is lye. another no lye ingredient is guanidine hydroxide. so be careful.

jrw

Beautiful Beginnings is no lye.

Bree,
I know what you mean. Before I have a relaxer put in my hair, I'm always nervous that something will happen. I don't know why.