my worse nightmare....pease help

sweetgal

Hello,

My hair grew quite a bite but now it seems really thin due to the weaves i used to grow my hair....It a bite past sholder lenth. It was at sometime thick but much thinner because of a hair matting incident i had. My ends are thin and see through...is there anything that i can do to help...or is cutting the only option that I have? I want to use something to grow my nape area too...because i dont have much hair there...maybe that will help too

Please list any i can use to thicken the hair strans i already have.....i really need you help ladies.....i have to start an entire routine...because i am not use to taking care of my own hair....I need your help...because if i cant thicken these strans i will have to do the dreaded thing......which is CUT my hair.

Eiano

If I'm not mistaken, (and I'm sure some ladies may have more info on this than me). The thickness of your hair is definite. If your ends are thin and not of normal thickness, you may need to trim if you don't like the thinness...

LovelyLionessa

Hi Sweetgal, castor oil is known to thicken strands. You could use it in hot oil treatments, pre poos, deep conditioning treatments and to seal in moisture from leave ins for around the clock care. Try using a small amount when using it on dry hair and then gradually build up to larger amounts if your hair likes/needs it, since the oil is quite thick. Also look for products that contain panthenol, which is supposed to be able to bind itself to the hair shaft and provide a plumping appearance.

As far as the matting is concerned, try investing in a good detangler, conditioner with a lot of slip (whether in the form of silicone or glycerin) and comb your hair when wet, full of conditioner, under the shower stream to work those tangles out with minimal breakage. Creme of Nature shampoo in the green bottle is also great for detangling. Deep condition like your hair's future depends on it, and make a good practice of moisturizing and sealing with oil. And elminate heat styling and combing dry hair if you can, while you nurse it back to health. That's all I can think of off the top of my head I'm sure some of the other ladies will chime in with some good advice. Be blessed girl. ;)

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I think you should start trimming away the ratty ends (Even though I'm not supposed to this is what I do every once in a while) a little at a time. Ratty ends will make you hair look horrid and there is no reason to keep them for the sake of having longer hair. I'm not saying big chop..lol. Start small. Even when I do the teeniest trim it makes a difference in the overall appearance of my hair. Also, try to stay from heat and if you can start co-washing at least twice a week. I cowash about 5 or 6 days a week and I have noticed a tremendous difference in the overall health of my hair in such a short amount of time. Lastly remember to have patience. Nothing will be cured overnight but taking tiny steps now will really help.

wicky2828

I also had the same problem as far as having thin strands of hair. What helped the most was Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I apply it to my scalp every other day. I apply it to my hair every day while concentrating on the ends. It has been a great at helping me save my ends from getting clipped. The site where you can get the castor oil from is http://sams247.com. Gotta remeber the vits so I take 5000mcg of biotin and 500mg of pantothenic acid a day (I also take other vits but I take these just to thicken my hair). The other thing that helped is by using a shampoo by Nexxus called Diametress. The more you use the shampoo, the more you'll notice the difference. HHG

Wishin4BSL

*Bre~Bre* said:
I think you should start trimming away the ratty ends (Even though I'm not supposed to this is what I do every once in a while) a little at a time. Ratty ends will make you hair look horrid and there is no reason to keep them for the sake of having longer hair. I'm not saying big chop..lol. Start small. Even when I do the teeniest trim it makes a difference in the overall appearance of my hair. Also, try to stay from heat and if you can start co-washing at least twice a week. I cowash about 5 or 6 days a week and I have noticed a tremendous difference in the overall health of my hair in such a short amount of time. Lastly remember to have patience. Nothing will be cured overnight but taking tiny steps now will really help.

ITA with this. I don't co-wash, but I do wash my hair 2-3 times a week, and I trim small amounts of my hair when I don't like how they look. Heck, if I had no self control, 2 inches of my hair would be gone right now!:lol: It definitely makes a difference in how your hair looks if you want it to look healthy.

UmSumayyah

Castor oil may help, definitely try that. Some have also found that biotin and b5 thicken up their hair as well.
Perhaps you could try starting out with a hair vitamin for a few months and see if that helps.

joyous

Sorry about your weave icident. That's exactly why I stopped weaving long ago, I had the same disaster happen. I starting taking Nioxin Recharging Complex(per Edie) and this has helped greatly. I followed Edie's suggestion to take 2 per day for at least 3-4 months before you see a significant difference. I also take B-5 and biotin, this also has helped. I use the Black Castor but I havent't been consistent with that due to the heaviness of the product, but it does leave your hair very moisturized. Also limit your heat use and manipulation, try protective styles until your hair starts to recuperate. Patience is the key here, length is usually easier to regain than thickness. You may not see significant results for many, many months but just remain vigilant, it will come.I wish you the best and HHG.

sweetgal

Thanks ladies...I am soo sad about this situation. My ends are not really uneven is or raggedy they are just super thin....in addition I lost some hair in a section due to matting. I have the clear cheap castor oil...will that help? Or does the black castor oil do the trick? I will deep condition my hair 1-2 times weekely aswell..

The sad thing is that my hair is too thin to properly cover a sock bun of donut bun. Is there any other protective styles i can do?....I will keep your girls postded.....Thanks for the reponses it really helps me and please keep them comming...your girl over here really needs all the help she can get.

KiniKakes

Im surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but Original MTG has REALLY helped to thicken my hair. I have naturally fine-textured hair that was also thinning due wrapping in the same direction for over ten years. When I joined the board last year this was my dilemma. After I discovered MTG and started using it regularly (ie, 4-5 days a week, without washing between applications) I found that it made a BIG difference in thickness. I would definitely recommend trying this product, if you havent already. Its done wonders for my hair.

HTH.

kandegirl

Sorry this happened. I wear weaves/braids for growth too but I use Infusium leave-in to help my hair stay strong. I think it helps with thickness too. I don't use it when I wear my regular hair thougth b/c it's too strong. Even for this coarse stuff.

As far as protective styles, I recommend wearing roller wraps or rod sets. And use some Fermodyl as your leave-in. This technique helps your hair to rest and gain some thickness too. And during the week you can use some MTG. This helped my roommate gain thickness and length. HTH

sweetgal

Thanks soo much ladies. I do actually have mtg but did not know it could thicken the strans i have now. I have not used it in a while because well i dont know why i have not used it...i gues because i was wearing weave and the scent seemes to stick to it especially in the summer months.

Well this is the first time in years that i will be wearing my own hair out for longer than a period of 2 weeks....I plan to do this to regain some thickness now that i have a bite of length. I will be doing all my treatments...ect...the only thing i wont do is relax...i am not ready for that...I will also be texlaxing from now on instead of relaxing....

I will be writting to you all perodically because i really dont know how to care my hair (shame but true).....I love you all...thanks agian for those who replied from the bottom of my heart

sweetgal

Oh yeah i would really like to know if there is a difference between the clear castor oil and the Black Jamican Castor oil...?