My Wig Wearing Ladies

curlmama

Is the point of the wig cap to protect your hair from the friction of the wig or protect the wig from the oils, sweat etc in your hair?:perplexed

My wig cap gives me a major headache, seems like it's very drying and I swear rubs my edges raw. :nono:

So ladies, is it okay not to wear one? I saw wig liners on hairsisters.com but didn't really get the point.

I was wondering that too. What exactly is the purpose the wig cap? I've been wearing one with my half wig but I am not sure I really need it.

bee

I wear a half-wig 90% of the time. I put a plastic cap on first (the one from the BSS used for deep conditioning) then, I put a men's satin-like skull cap over it (it's like a doo-rag but it fits like a scull cap). I try to make sure that the plastic cap covers my nape area and that the skull cap holds it in place. During the day, I have to adujst the plastic underneath, to make sure my nape is protected. The skull cap does a pretty good job of covering the plastic cap and keeping it in place.

The benefit of wearing both caps is that I can baggy with the plastic one, and the skull cap acts as a barrier between my hair and the wig. HTH

mistee11

Thanks, Bee! This sounds like a good idea. I may try this to help combat rubbing against nape and megatek itchies!

mscocoface

I use half wigs or will wear whole wigs as half wigs. Instead of the wig caps I use those very think silk like sleeping caps to cover my hair. I can put a baggie on up under the silk cap and not worry about anything being too tight.

The wig caps are too tight and too drying for me.