My Wig Wearing Ladies

BC2/4/06

What type of wig cap do you wear? I think that the stocking cap one from the BSS they give you to try on wigs with is too harsh and I'm afraid that the satin cap will cause the wig to slide off. What type of caps are you using? Thanks in advance.

C.Nicole

Girl, I would love to know because i am so OVER these nylon wig caps. I literaly heard a strand of hair snap off yesterday as I was removing my cap... I love my wigs as protective styles but these nylons have got to go.....Hopefully someone chimes in.

BC2/4/06

I know!!!! I feel like I'm causing a setback while trying to grow my hair because of the wigcap. In the wig thread someone mentioned the men's satin spandex cap but I'm concerned that the wig may slide off.

Dposh167

ive used men doo rags. I also have a satin wig cap....actually im not sure if it was made for women in the first place. I think it was for men but it looks just like a swim cap...except its satin...or that engineered satin fabric similar to wrap scarves

GodsGrace

ive used men doo rags. I also have a satin wig cap....actually im not sure if it was made for women in the first place. I think it was for men but it looks just like a swim cap...except its satin...or that engineered satin fabric similar to wrap scarves

Well I need to find one ASAP cause I have the same problem as C. Nicole, I can hear strands snapping when I take mine off, not a lot mind you, which is why I take it off very carefully, but one is enough:wallbash:

ResultsMayVary

I wear a small thin silk scarf first and make sure all the small hairs around my hairline are covered, then place the stocking cap over that. Works well so far ... :yep:

gabulldawg

I have put my satin bonnet under the wig cap or a shower cap under the wig cap. Both work well for the majority of my hair, but my nape is still suffering and I don't know what to do. :sad: Seems like no one else does either. :look: So I guess most ladies who wear wigs have weak napes as well and don't care?

hillytmj

I use a wave cap like the guys wear. It's made of black satin, and it's kind of stretchy like it has lycra or spandex in it. I think that's what keeps it on your head because my wigs never slide off. I like this cap because it keeps the moisture in your hair as opposed to a traditional wig stocking cap. I think the brand is called Black Magic; you can find it Wal-mart or any beauty supply in the ethnic haircare section.

Dposh167

I have put my satin bonnet under the wig cap or a shower cap under the wig cap. Both work well for the majority of my hair, but my nape is still suffering and I don't know what to do. :sad: Seems like no one else does either. :look: So I guess most ladies who wear wigs have weak napes as well and don't care?

yea i think no matter what...if ur constantly using that comb in the nape area, something is bound to happen. I never got breakage down there but it irriates the heck outta my my skin...so when thats the case i wont use the nape comb. Ill sew two really small wig clips down by the nape area thats hits my lower ears. that way im not irritating my nape nor do i have to use the nape comb. they're more comfortable too but still keeps my wig sturdy in the nape area

gabulldawg

yea i think no matter what...if ur constantly using that comb in the nape area, something is bound to happen. I never got breakage down there but it irriates the heck outta my my skin...so when thats the case i wont use the nape comb. Ill sew two really small wig clips down by the nape area thats hits my lower ears. that way im not irritating my nape nor do i have to use the nape comb. they're more comfortable too but still keeps my wig sturdy in the nape area

I don't use the wig combs either.:perplexed I have been using bobby pins to secure the wig and don't put any on my nape.

Dposh167

I use a wave cap like the guys wear. It's made of black satin, and it's kind of stretchy like it has lycra or spandex in it. I think that's what keeps it on your head because my wigs never slide off. I like this cap because it keeps the moisture in your hair as opposed to a traditional wig stocking cap. I think the brand is called Black Magic; you can find it Wal-mart or any beauty supply in the ethnic haircare section.

ok this sounds like the same one im using

yodie

I don't use wig caps anymore. The one from the BSS tore my edges up. Threw the cap away and I've been capless ever since. I wear my hair in braids underneath and make sure to pin the wig to my braids.

wicky2828

I usually don't post, but I had to speak up on this one. PSA: Please, do not wear those damn satin wig caps!!!! I leaned back in my chair and my wig fell off in the office in front of a group of people. I tried to play it off like it was no big deal but the damage was still done. Please don't risk it.

Wicky

gabulldawg

I don't use wig caps anymore. The one from the BSS tore my edges up. Threw the cap away and I've been capless ever since. I wear my hair in braids underneath and make sure to pin the wig to my braids.

Maybe I need to start doing this. It seems like the wig cap is hurting my nape more than helping. :ohwell: Does the wig ever get stuck on your hair? I especially think this would work for when I wear 3/4 wigs since I try not to let the wig rest on my nape anyway.:crossfingers:

LovinLocks

So, after all the rhetoric - what's the answer? Did I miss it 'cause I wanna know too before I get off into this phenom.

so so chic

This is what I use also. Anther thing that I've done before is wear a plastic cap under the nylon cap as a way of baggying and preventing the nylon from rubbing against my hair.

glamazon386

Maybe I need to start doing this. It seems like the wig cap is hurting my nape more than helping. :ohwell: Does the wig ever get stuck on your hair? I especially think this would work for when I wear 3/4 wigs since I try not to let the wig rest on my nape anyway.:crossfingers:

Nope. I usually pull my hair back before putting the wig on so it'll lay flat. I've been wearing wigs since 2002 with no problems.

SelfStyled

I usually don't post, but I had to speak up on this one. PSA: Please, do not wear those damn satin wig caps!!!! I leaned back in my chair and my wig fell off in the office in front of a group of people. I tried to play it off like it was no big deal but the damage was still done. Please don't risk it.

Wicky

Noooooooooooooo!

CocoBunny

What type of wig cap do you wear? I think that the stocking cap one from the BSS they give you to try on wigs with is too harsh and I'm afraid that the satin cap will cause the wig to slide off. What type of caps are you using? Thanks in advance.

Is the point of the wig cap to protect your hair from the friction of the wig or protect the wig from the oils, sweat etc in your hair?:perplexed

My wig cap gives me a major headache, seems like it's very drying and I swear rubs my edges raw. :nono:

So ladies, is it okay not to wear one? I saw wig liners on hairsisters.com but didn't really get the point.

Iluvsmuhgrass

This is what I use too. Not the rags but the caps. They're cheap and are better to guard against friction. you have to be mindful of your hairline though. These are a bazillion times better than the nylon wig caps.

morehairplease

Hey sweetie,

Do you mind me asking where you purchased this from?

tia,
tishee

natural2008

I wear my womans style durang inside out so the satin part is on my hair and my wig has never fallen off.