My second self-weave...Pics!!!!!!!!

cece22

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies!!!

I just wanted to share pics of my second weave. The first one only last 3 weeks because I couldn't stand the BSS hair anymore. It only looked cute the first week. Anyway I used waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better quality Remi (cuticle aligned) hair this time from www.extensions-plus.com . I bought the relaxed texture in 14 inches color #1. The hair was expensive but soooooooo worth it. It matches perfectly with my texlaxed hair when airdried and when flatironed. It reacts to humidity the way my hair would, so this means I don't have to worry about using too much heat on my hair that's left out to blend with this hair :D :D , which is a really good thing.

I washed this hair before putting it in (as the company recommended). I then sewed it in (9 tracks) leaving out my sides and front for blending and versatility. This hair is very full so I didn't need many tracks and my head is little. I then flatironed the hair very very lightly and wrapped to go to be. This morning I set the hair and my hair on my carusos for 20 minutes while I got ready for work. Here are the results:

I need this hair in my life my chick Gabrielle Union uses this. And I have been wanting it ever since.

Last edited:

luvmesumhair

RabiaElaine said:
Actually yes! I would love to start doing these on other people. I think they'd come out even better because I could actually see what I'm doing :)

Let me know if you're really interested.

Hi Rebia, can you tell me how I can get in contact with you? I want to do a weave myself and would like your one on one guidence. Thanks.

glamazon386

luvmesumhair said:
Hi Rebia, can you tell me how I can get in contact with you? I want to do a weave myself and would like your one on one guidence. Thanks.

Rabia isn't around much anymore but there are plenty of other ladies here on the board who can offer their expertise (myself included) if you'd like. All you have to do is ask.

LadyZ

dontspeakdefeat said:
You did a great job!! Looks just like your own hair.

Hi Dontspeak, I have missed you.... Good to see you again... Hope you are enjoying that new house....

luvmesumhair

bmoreflyygirl said:
Rabia isn't around much anymore but there are plenty of other ladies here on the board who can offer their expertise (myself included) if you'd like. All you have to do is ask.

Ahhh Thanks Sweetie. I will keep you in mind.

msdeevee

Great job. How do you learn to do your own weave, where the tracks don't show?

Can I do this w/o buying someones video?

If anyone knows can you point me in the right direction. I have a friend in Seattle (not much help there) that's dying to do her own.

I'd appreciate the help.

Dee

RabiaElaine

luvmesumhair said:

I'll PM you. Sorry I'm only seeing this now :)

RabiaElaine

msdeevee said:
Great job. How do you learn to do your own weave, where the tracks don't show?

Can I do this w/o buying someones video?

If anyone knows can you point me in the right direction. I have a friend in Seattle (not much help there) that's dying to do her own.

I'd appreciate the help.

Dee

I bought a video, but I think what helped me the most are women on the hair boards. Blackhairmedia.com has an entire forum dedicated to weaving, so I learned most of my information there. There are different women with instructional pics in their albums.

The key to not having tracks showing is to leave out a small amount of hair in the front which helps the hair to blend better and look even more realistic.

Please feel free to PM me and I can give you more specific directions to give your friend.

RabiaElaine

***Toy-Pisces*** said:
which video did you purchase?

One of Ashante's videos, the microlace one I think. But it really wasn't all that. I think you can learn more just from being on the hairboards.