My second self-weave...Pics!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies!!!

I just wanted to share pics of my second weave. The first one only last 3 weeks because I couldn't stand the BSS hair anymore. It only looked cute the first week. Anyway I used waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better quality Remi (cuticle aligned) hair this time from www.extensions-plus.com . I bought the relaxed texture in 14 inches color #1. The hair was expensive but soooooooo worth it. It matches perfectly with my texlaxed hair when airdried and when flatironed. It reacts to humidity the way my hair would, so this means I don't have to worry about using too much heat on my hair that's left out to blend with this hair :D :D , which is a really good thing.

I washed this hair before putting it in (as the company recommended). I then sewed it in (9 tracks) leaving out my sides and front for blending and versatility. This hair is very full so I didn't need many tracks and my head is little. I then flatironed the hair very very lightly and wrapped to go to be. This morning I set the hair and my hair on my carusos for 20 minutes while I got ready for work. Here are the results:

Attachments

• TalibahsPics225-vi.jpg
    TalibahsPics225-vi.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

amy1234

oh my, it looks so real! you did an amazing job!
I wish I could do that , I would hide my hair forevver ;)

kinascott

You are doing the thing with the self weaves. They just get better and better!!!! Very impressed. Are you taking appointments :)!

RabiaElaine

kinascott said:
You are doing the thing with the self weaves. They just get better and better!!!! Very impressed. Are you taking appointments :)!

Actually yes! I would love to start doing these on other people. I think they'd come out even better because I could actually see what I'm doing :)

Let me know if you're really interested.

LiLi

LOVES IT!!!! :D Beautiful ... beautiful ... beautiful. How much exactly did you pay for the hair? I would love to do my clip-ins with this hair. Are the wefts really thin. Did you cut them?

FeelinIt

Yes please let us know about the price of the hair. How is it acting? Can you reuse it? I do my weaves the same way. When I get paid, I'll be doing another one.

J

JenniferMD

That hair is a PERFECT match with your texture. You did a great job!

RabiaElaine

LiLi said:
LOVES IT!!!! :D Beautiful ... beautiful ... beautiful. How much exactly did you pay for the hair? I would love to do my clip-ins with this hair. Are the wefts really thin. Did you cut them?

I paid $339 with shipping for 6oz of 14 inch hair. I only used about 3 oz (probably less) because the hair is sooooooooooooo full. I have a small head. The wefts aren't micro (they do make those though, I think they're hand-tied), mine are machine wefts. I prefer the machine wefts because they're tougher, longer lasting, less likely to have shed problems. The hair is thick anyway so the wefts aren't detectable at all. From what I understand their hand-tied wefts are some of the best around. That company provides hair for major movies (it's all on their website), so this is really high quality hair.

It acts just like my hair would (if it were this long). :)

Let me know if you decide to order :)

RabiaElaine

FeelinIt said:
Yes please let us know about the price of the hair. How is it acting? Can you reuse it? I do my weaves the same way. When I get paid, I'll be doing another one.

See my reply above for price. Yes you can reuse the hair, there is a lady on BHM that reused extensions plus hair for 3 years (a different texture, but it's all the same quality). There are others that have been reusing the hair for a year or more. You really see the beauty of the hair after you wash it (before putting it in). It is acting well, looks just like my hair in this humid weather in NY. I haven't had to re-flatiron my hair that is left out since I washed it, because they are both acting the same way so they blend seamlessly. It's really great...I'm very very pleased :)

At church today people kept asking me to touch it because they couldn't believe it wasn't my hair (though they know how long my hair is :) ). My aunt kept saying "this looks soooooooo real, I can't believe it's not ur your hair." I plan to wear reuse this hair for the entire hide your hair challenge, and continue to reuse it for my sewins after that. When I'm resting from sew-ins, I'll sew some clips on the hair, use the hair for a clip in weave. When I'm ready to sewin again...I'll remove the clips.

I'm going to get my money's worth!!!!!!!!!