WEAVE RUINED MY NATURAL HAIR HELP!!!!

stephluvshair

I am currently 2 years post relaxer. 22 months into my transition i decided to get a quick weave just to give my transitioning hair a break. I did a protein treatment, DC with my Silicon Mix and braided it up in a beehive for the install. My bff glued the tracks onto a weave cap and sewed the cap onto the outer layer of the beehive. I wore the weave for 7 weeks and removed it last week. OMg my hair is thinner than before and no one can tell me different. I detangled conditoned and was extra careful with my hair. I'm so depressed. I need my hair to get back to normal and thicken up. PLZ someone help me ..i cried for two days. What should I do? Henna? Biotin?

I attached some pics. The yellow shirt is before the weave and the next pic is after.

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    340 KB · Views: 306
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    475 KB · Views: 308

stephluvshair

i guess its because its jet black... but i have a thin spot in the crown and my hair is kinda see through...if it wasnt jet black than it would be more noticeable. Do you have any suggestions though?

ms.blue

stephluvshair, I always hate my hair after I take down a sew-in b/c it doesn't feel right but I wash and dc a few times over the span of a couple of weeks my hair feels back to normal. As for the quickweave, I don't suggest them b/c there is no way to properly access your scalp for washings and moisturizing your hair and also not meant to be kept in for long (2-3 weeks the max). A braided sew-in w/ or w/o a net would be better.

Last edited:

stephluvshair

you ladies are def making me feel better but after i took my hair out it just felt much thinner. So it takes about two weeks for hair to get back to normal after a weave take down?

stephluvshair

Ms Blue... thanks for explaining that...this was my first weave and my hair just feels really funny.. i will calm down a keep conditioning my hair for the next few weeks

French Rouge

i guess its because its jet black... but i have a thin spot in the crown and my hair is kinda see through...if it wasnt jet black than it would be more noticeable. Do you have any suggestions though?

I know during my transition, the crown suffered the most. Maybe because you were in a weave the extra care you needed for the crown slipped a bit.

How close are you to BC? It may be about that time to avoid further damage.

lustrous

IA with the ladies that your hair needs a bit of time to bounce back. Tis all. After taking out braids- my hair was thin thin thin. after some TLC though - back to normal. also - shedding. your hair was uncombed for several weeks and all that shed hair getting combed out could also make it seem that your hair is thinner. Your hair still looks healthy OP and that is something to rejoice over. Just give it time to adjust to being back out in the air and free. The thickness with be back!:yep:

Last edited:

ms.blue

stephluvshair, the take down your first weave is always like that. My first time taking down my weave, I was crying b/c I thought my hair fell out and it was so thin that I was thinking of cutting my hair off. After two weeks, my hair was fine and longer. Like I said before, give your hair time to readjust.

stephluvshair

i included pics of the shedded detangled hair .. my wet hair and my dry hair

Attachments

• photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 99
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 114
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    486 KB · Views: 112

beana

The amount of hair you shed looks normal and your hair looks beautiful OP! I wouldn't worry about it at all, but in the future (like ms blue suggested) don't keep quickweaves in more than 2 weeks, the hair dries out underneath. I've been using sew ins for a year to help with my transition and they've been a major help.

Sent from my PC36100

Prudent1

That doesn't seem like a lot of hair to shed after 7 weeks of not doing anything to your hair IMO. You can henna and try all of the suggestions the others have mentioned but IA that you most likely need to wait a few weeks. Going forward I def would not leave a weave in for 7 weeks and as someone else suggested- no more quick weaves for that long b/c you cannot take care of your scalp. Best wishes!

constance

Your hair looks nice and healthy. Is the hair straighter in the second pic? If so, perhaps that would account for the difference.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

That amount of hair is not unusual considering it's 7 weeks worth of shedding. I think your hair may "feel" thin to you because of all the shed hair you saw after detangling. I think that you probably should have avoided the protien DC as well, unlessyour hair felt weak to you (how well were you able to access your hair to moisturize?).

chickle

Girl you're hair is beautiful and thick! I came in here ready to see something like what happened to my hair this summer. If your hair works with protein, do I protein treatment. I was using eggs weekly in my hair and it somewhat bounced back. My hair is still a bit thinner than before, but that is because it was sewn in incorrectly and I lost ALOT of hair