My scalp is itchin' like crazy!!!!!

Lotus

Please someone tell me there's a solution for this.... or maybe I'm the only one.

When it's time for a perm or when I'm having what seems to be a growth spurt... my scalp itches. I mean, right now, I feel like it's on fire. Is there something I can do. I've clarified- ACV= itch. VO5 lime conditioner= itch. Is it it my hormones (I notice it's more when I ovulate).. what gives. My scalp is clean, no dandruff, nothing...

Please help me, before I scratch my scalp off (j/j).

TIA

Irresistible

I dont know , have you tried oil?

clarifying and ACV is drying. I would think a natural oil might soothe it. Tea tree oil is kinda intense but works too

here is what I would do if it were me, and it aint crazy to do this, I would use witch hazel or sea breeze on my scalp to heal any irritation , and act as an antiseptic, then oil it realy good with a natural oil

Lotus said:
Please someone tell me there's a solution for this.... or maybe I'm the only one.

When it's time for a perm or when I'm having what seems to be a growth spurt... my scalp itches. I mean, right now, I feel like it's on fire. Is there something I can do. I've clarified- ACV= itch. VO5 lime conditioner= itch. Is it it my hormones (I notice it's more when I ovulate).. what gives. My scalp is clean, no dandruff, nothing...

Please help me, before I scratch my scalp off (j/j).

TIA

leontyneb

Now for me I use Neutrogen Tar Shampoo and that works wonderful for me. My dermatologist recommended that for me due to dandruff, but I know you don't have that problem. This shampoo works for me when my scalp is itching like crazy and I don't have dandruff anymore. Also, have you tried washing your hair every other day. I hope this will help.

Lotus

Irresistible said:
I dont know , have you tried oil?

clarifying and ACV is drying. I would think a natural oil might soothe it. Tea tree oil is kinda intense but works too

here is what I would do if it were me, and it aint crazy to do this, I would use witch hazel or sea breeze on my scalp to heal any irritation , and act as an antiseptic, then oil it realy good with a natural oil

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

I have some witch hazel... I'll try that. I have blended, un-refined, shea, coconut, castor, Vit E blend w/some essential oils (do after con-wash). There's T-tree in it.. buy maybe not enough. I am soo miserable:(.

? Should I put the Witch hazel on my 'dry hair' or wash then put it on, then wash again?

Lotus

leontyneb said:
Now for me I use Neutrogen Tar Shampoo and that works wonderful for me. My dermatologist recommended that for me due to dandruff, but I know you don't have that problem. This shampoo works for me when my scalp is itching like crazy and I don't have dandruff anymore. Also, have you tried washing your hair every other day. I hope this will help.

Yep.. I co-wash at least every 2 to 3 days. Is that shampoo drying? Do you have to follow up with a moisturizing shampoo?

Irresistible

I know cause my daughter's scalp used to get like that

I'm thinking just pour through your scalp , no more washing or aggitating it, then use your oils. The blend sounds good, not sure about the essential oils though, depending they might be aggravating as well , Is there a way you could just do the Shea, Coconut, Castor and Vit E?

Lotus said:
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

I have some witch hazel... I'll try that. I have blended, un-refined, shea, coconut, castor, Vit E blend w/some essential oils (do after con-wash). There's T-tree in it.. buy maybe not enough. I am soo miserable:(.

? Should I put the Witch hazel on my 'dry hair' or wash then put it on, then wash again?

Lotus

Irresistible said:
I know cause my daughter's scalp used to get like that

Bless that babies heart. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy.

I'm thinking just pour through your scalp , no more washing or aggitating it, then use your oils. The blend sounds good, not sure about the essential oils though, depending they might be aggravating as well , Is there a way you could just do the Shea, Coconut, Castor and Vit E?

Ok. I have a squirt bottle...

EO's= Rosemary, Lavander, Ylang ylang, Rosewood & T-tree.
Do you think one of these is causing it. I've used blend on and off while.. but ya just never know.

Irresistible

Lotus said:
Ok. I have a squirt bottle...

EO's= Rosemary, Lavander, Ylang ylang, Rosewood & T-tree.
Do you think one of these is causing it. I've used blend on and off while.. but ya just never know.

yes it is possbile, they are frangranced right, plus more potential for reaction , more potential to not have the solutions at the exact 'non irritating' strength. I'm thinking just cut those out for a while and if you want to try them again, do it one by one to see which one it might be. I think if your scalp is clean right now and with ACV and Clarifying im sure it is, I think the antiseptic will soothe and heal it and the oils willl moisturize. and it should help alot!

Lotus

Irresistible said:
yes it is possbile, they are frangranced right, plus more potential for reaction , more potential to not have the solutions at the exact 'non irritating' strength. I'm thinking just cut those out for a while and if you want to try them again, do it one by one to see which one it might be. I think if your scalp is clean right now and with ACV and Clarifying im sure it is, I think the antiseptic will soothe and heal it and the oils willl moisturize. and it should help alot!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Thank sooo much. It worked, I feel 100% better now.

Maybe it's my witch hazel... I dont know... but my head smells 'smoked':lol:
But hey... I'll take smelling like a chopped BBQ sandwich over that itchin' anyday. :lachen:Thanks again... you've been a blessing.

Irresistible

oh wow cool, you did that quick. I'm go glad it helped!

Lotus said:
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Thank sooo much. It worked, I feel 100% better now.

Maybe it's my witch hazel... I dont know... but my head smells 'smoked':lol:
But hey... I'll take smelling like a chopped BBQ sandwich over that itchin' anyday. :lachen:Thanks again... you've been a blessing.