My Protein and Mositure Mix

ceebee3

For the last six weeks I've been using the Aphogee 2 step after shampooing, I leave it on for 6 minutes with a plastic cap and then rinse. I then use a moisturizing deep conditioner and I sit under the dryer for 25-30 minutes. I do this every week. I just want to know if I should be alternating the deep conditioning each week. Do some of you use a protein and sit under a dryer as well as a moisturizing DC? Just curious to know what works for you.

Thanks

Denise11

Don't you mean the 2 minute. Cause I dont think doing the 2 step that often would be good for your hair.

ceebee3

Thanks, yes I mean the 2 minute. Are there other protein deep conditioners that I should be sitting under the dryer with or do we not need to add heat to the protein. I hope I'm making sense.

Lady S

From what I understand, you should always use at least a moisturizing conditioner after a protein treatment. Have you encountered any problems using your current method?

ceebee3

I haven't encountered any problems, but I've only been at this about six weeks. I just want to know if there is something better that I could be doing by alternating my DC's with heat/protein one week and heat/moisture the next or should I just stick to using the protein for a couple of minutes and deep conditioning with the moisture under the dryer.

queen928

I think if you aren't having any problems (excess breakage or shedding) then your method should be fine....have me wanting to try it out because I am having those issues. Six weeks should be plenty of time to see if would have any issues with that regimen but I'm still learning myself. I don't have the proper protein/moisture balance yet. I think maybe the hard protein is too much and I will just stick with 2 Min instead of 2 Step.

ceebee3

Sorry, I didn't mention that I did use the 2step about 3 weeks in. My hair immediately felt stronger. I actually tested one of the strands and it was very taut, not easy to break at all. It did help to stop my shedding and breaking but not completely. I plan to keep using it every 6-8 weeks and definetly a week before my relaxer. I'll see how it goes.