Mixing your protein conditioner with your moisturizing conditioner?

LongiLox

Can you mix your protein conditioner with your moisturizing conditioner and apply it together? If I do a protein treatment, I always follow with a moisturizing deep conditioner. I find it annoying to have to get in the shower three times. First you wash your hair with shampoo, then you get out, towel dry, then apply protein conditioner, sit under dryer for 15 minutes, get back in shower, wash it out, get out, towel dry, apply moisturizing deep conditioner, sit under dryer for another 15 minutes, get back in the shower again and wash out. It just seems like such a long process. Does anyone else feel this way? I know we don't do this often, but when I do, I get that "ugh" feeling again. Can a you just apply both the protein and moisturizing conditioner on dry hair, then get in the shower once, and shampoo afterwards???

gorgeoushair

Yes you can.......some protein condititoner are already like this. They are a mixture of protein and moisture. What do you use?

Sistaslick

I do this all the time with my Joico/Kenra combination. Cuts time in half, and I'm able to customize the treatment. :yep:

praisedancer

You shouldn't mix a protein conditioner with a moisturizing conditioner. By doing this you may can decrease the purpose of what each conditioner is suppose to do or you can give yourself an allergic reaction b/c you don't know how certain chemicals react when they are mixed together. What you are doing is just fine.

gorgeoushair

Can you mix your protein conditioner with your moisturizing conditioner and apply it together? If I do a protein treatment, I always follow with a moisturizing deep conditioner. I find it annoying to have to get in the shower three times. First you wash your hair with shampoo, then you get out, towel dry, then apply protein conditioner, sit under dryer for 15 minutes, get back in shower, wash it out, get out, towel dry, apply moisturizing deep conditioner, sit under dryer for another 15 minutes, get back in the shower again and wash out. It just seems like such a long process. Does anyone else feel this way? I know we don't do this often, but when I do, I get that "ugh" feeling again. Can a you just apply both the protein and moisturizing conditioner on dry hair, then get in the shower once, and shampoo afterwards???

There was a thread on this a while back( i think) I'm trying to find it for you.

MissLawyerLady

You can also DC on dry hair with protein, rinse & poo and DC with moisture. Only one time in an out of the shower when you DC with moisture.

LongiLox

Yes you can.......some protein condititoner are already like this. They are a mixture of protein and moisture. What do you use?

Can please you recommend good ones with both protein and moisture?

I use Motions CPR for protein and KeraCare Humecto (sometimes Nexxus Humectress) for moisture.

Sistaslick

:) Glad to hear this.

I think Joico's Moisture Recovery conditioner/balm is a good mixture. It's very thick-- almost like a paste. Excellent for moisture, and it has a bit of extra protein to help keep that moisture in there. Almost like a 1-2 punch if you will.

gorgeoushair

Can please you recommend good ones with both protein and moisture?

I use Motions CPR for protein and KeraCare Humecto (sometimes Nexxus Humectress) for moisture.

Actually Motions CPR Conditioning Treatment is one that I was going to recommend. Also Aphogee 2 min, ORS replenishing Pak........can't think of anything else right now.