My New SO Doesn't Like Straight Hair

Ediese

I second that also, I understand that you care what he thinks BUT when does it stop next he will say he wants you to act a certain way. It's wonderful he likes your natural hair. My question to you is what do you like? if you prefer weave or to wear your hair straight honestly you will stop because he does not like it?

Oh my goodness!!!! I am a Libra too and this was the FIRST thing I thought after reading the post. I didn't write anything because I thought that it would be taken as a negative...:ohwell:

I totally understand where you guys are coming from. I didn't take it negatively at all. I already explained to him the reason behind the weaves, and I did let him know that I won't stop wearing them until I reach my goals. I don't really mind him having a preference because I know that I have a few of my own that he did take into consideration.

~~HoneyComb~~

I'm a libra too, so I know what you mean. It is nice that he likes the 'naturalness and style', but trust me...the ultimate style is up to me. :lachen:We all do have our specific preferences, but I guess as long as it doesn't interfere in what's most important, it's all good.

That's great to know. From your post, I got that you love your natural hair and only wear it straight on few occasions. And that you're happy to know that he loves the way you wear your hair at least 90% of the time. And if you decide to wear your hair straight, he's okay with it, but he loves you natural. That's awesome.

lilsparkle825

lol@ all us libras raising an eyebrow.

that's great that he likes it natural, though...my SO turned his nose up somethin serious when i did the BC. then his brother in law asked me if i fell in the pool and it was all over after that - i never got a break from either of them.

well, till recently...now he's my ex. LOL

naturalgurl

Well I'm a positive Pisces and say you took it in stride. Don't raise negativity and dissect everything. He knows you're grown and I don't think he was being controlling when he said don't straighten it. I think he wanted you to be assured that he truly likes your natural hair. Wait until he does something that really crosses the line before becoming so suspicious. I say take your good fortune and enjoy it because you'll have plenty of time to doubt and scrutinize and I don't think this is one of those times. You're very blessed to have a man that like the real you...

Ediese

That's great to know. From your post, I got that you love your natural hair and only wear it straight on few occasions. And that you're happy to know that he loves the way you wear your hair at least 90% of the time. And if you decide to wear your hair straight, he's okay with it, but he loves you natural. That's awesome.

Exactly!! Thank you. :)

Ediese

lol@ all us libras raising an eyebrow.

that's great that he likes it natural, though...my SO turned his nose up somethin serious when i did the BC. then his brother in law asked me if i fell in the pool and it was all over after that - i never got a break from either of them.

well, till recently...now he's my ex. LOL

Girl, you're so crazy! I hope that wasn't the reason.:nono:

Ediese

Well I'm a positive Pisces and say you took it in stride. Don't raise negativity and dissect everything. He knows you're grown and I don't think he was being controlling when he said don't straighten it. I think he wanted you to be assured that he truly likes your natural hair. Wait until he does something that really crosses the line before becoming so suspicious. I say take your good fortune and enjoy it because you'll have plenty of time to doubt and scrutinize and I don't think this is one of those times. You're very blessed to have a man that like the real you...

Thanks for this post! I really don't think he meant it in a controlling way either. It was really good to hear that he accepted that that's who I am naturally, and loved it! :yep:

RegaLady

YES, YES, and YES! DH LOVES my 4a texture! He does not like straight hair. In fact, your SO sounds exactly like my Dh,its scary :lachen:! He hates the weave, even though I wear PS, but be cannot stand it. It's only fair because when I met Dh I had a natural braid out. He prefers hair out of my face, not too long:ohwell:, and not straight. Its his preference. Although, it annoys me because he is very straight foward:rolleyes:, I am glad he likes the very raw, natural me:yep:!

~~HoneyComb~~

YES, YES, and YES! DH LOVES my 4a texture! He does not like straight hair. In fact, your SO sounds exactly like my Dh,its scary :lachen:! He hates the weave, even though I wear PS, but be cannot stand it. It's only fair because when I met Dh I had a natural braid out. He prefers hair out of my face, not too long:ohwell:, and not straight. Its his preference. Although, it annoys me because he is very straight foward:rolleyes:, I am glad he likes the very raw, natural me:yep:!

I'm happy for you too Redliz, it's a blessing to have a man to appreciate natural hair, and love it, because a lot of men don't.

Pryncez524

Congratulations on finding such a good one*sigh*lol
Alot of the guys I meet whether they're just friends or not like my hair straight. And now since I'm doing buns I've had some comments about it.

That's awesome!
My SO is the same way, he doesn't want me to wear quick weaves or anything that hides my hair.
It's great to know that the guy you're with loves every part of you just the way it was intended to look and that it turns him on :giggle:

luckiestdestiny

I'm a libra too, so I know what you mean. It is nice that he likes the 'naturalness and style', but trust me...the ultimate style is up to me. :lachen:We all do have our specific preferences, but I guess as long as it doesn't interfere in what's most important, it's all good.
Yay! That's good to hear. Of course we all have preferences but of course we want to feel accepted no matter what we do, and of course that we're in control of our destiny so to speak in whatever way that entails. Good to know. It sucks when someone stops doing something because of someone else, and they loved doing it before. So that's all I was trying to say. I thought it was cool that he loved you natural. I just wanted him to LOVE you as YOU. But you clarified that you do your thing no matter what and that he is cool with you doing your thing.:superbanana: BTW Go Libras...

Kurlee

What a nice quality for him to have. It is so refreshing to hear about a man who loves you just the way you are, no frills! Happy for you!