My itchy scalp is driving me crazy! HELP!!!

amberangel4u

had the itchies when i cowashed:nono:. I also had scalp buildup that looked like a science project.:blush:now i use TJ shampoo; my hair is still clean and soft. I also made a solution with sage, peppermint, lavender, tea tea and my lenzi request with a carrier of jojoba. so far so good.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

[USER=182260 said:
rejuvenation1[/USER] ;13002147]No problem. My sulfur mix is really simple - 1 tbsp sulfur in 8 oz. carrier oil. Shake well, and it lasts a long time (several months even if you apply it nightly).

all my sulfur is still at the bottom of my applicator bottle:look:.... and the oil is almost gone:spinning: same thing happened when i tried the MSM:grin:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

[USER=180120 said:
Ravengirl[/USER] ;13001531]I was using the over the counter version of Nizoral after running out of the prescription version and I swear that ish made my itching worse! OMG I have never itched so bad in my life. That stuff is going in the trash.

I'm gonna try the essential oils after all this is done. I just hope that my doctor can find a reason for my itching on my next appointment at the end of the month. I hope I'm not allergic to anything I'm using right now because I just found products that work for my hair and I would hate to have to search for the holy grail again.

i finally tried the Nizoral this week after reading your thread:nono::nono::nono:

much much worse... and immediately after rinsing
now that was a first for increasing an itch geeeez:ohwell:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I suggest a Dermatologist. Please go see one. You may have a scalp fungus or some other issue home remedies won't solve. ;)

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
i finally tried the Nizoral this week after reading your thread:nono::nono::nono:

much much worse... and immediately after rinsing
now that was a first for increasing an itch geeeez:ohwell:
Girl, I don't know how many times I have said that mess is the DEVIL in this thread!!! I still have almost a full bottle of that stuff and it is going straight into the trash. It made really annoying itching turn into "I want to rip my hair out because my scalp is on fire" itching! :nono:
Have you, tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT, gone to a dermatologist for it too? I'm curious what other opinions are out there.

As of a few days ago my eczema flared up really bad all over my chest, neck, lower face, and all over my back. Thank goodness, my doctor already prescribed two creams for that. I have another appointment at the end of the month so I'll see what she says this time.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I have an itchy scalp from time to time and it was AWFUL. Everything I seemed to use made it worse. (I guess the problem stemmed from allergens and build-up.)

I clarified more often and that seemed to help. I would DC or use hot oil treatments and apply a pomade. I love Qhemet Biologics Tea Tree & Grapeseed Therapeutic Pomade. Since then, no horrendous itch. AT ALL. It feels soooo good :lick: on my scalp. This is definitely going to be a staple for me. It's gentle AND it works. :yep:

Slightly OT: My BFF has SEVERE eczema. She went to the doc and found that she had some pretty serious food allergies. (Shellfish/Milk/Nuts) So I suggest taking the time to create a journal of food and products as well as the mild to the most severe flare-ups occur. You may find that the culprit could be food or product induced. :yep: I did this with my fibromyalgia to see what I was responding to. :yep:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Slightly OT: My BFF has SEVERE eczema. She went to the doc and found that she had some pretty serious food allergies. (Shellfish/Milk/Nuts) So I suggest taking the time to create a journal of food and products as well as the mild to the most severe flare-ups occur. You may find that the culprit could be food or product induced. :yep: I did this with my fibromyalgia to see what I was responding to. :yep:
Thanks for the journal idea. I'm suffering though a really bad flare up right now so I'm going to start one.