My Honey child olive you dc

La Colocha

Is anyone using my honey childs olive you deep con or sweet almond hair milk? How do you like the products or why don't you like the products. I would like to try these products but the prices are a little high. Any reviews on these 2 products would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lucky's Mom

I used the Olive You condish..... It was yummy....

I don't buy it anymore..... I just cant pay 26 bucks - for the stuff I can mix at home.

Moreover, I rec'd terrible service from the owner when I advised her that some of the items I had purchased were going bad....She never offered to replace the items, or resolve the issue...So I never bought from her again.

La Colocha

Thank you for the feed back, i was wondering how the stuff was lasting. no preservatives or essential oils. I don't know if i want to try it now.

Eisani

I had a sample of the Olive You a while back, it was reaaally nice but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. I have a couple MHC products and they're pretty nice. I'm a junkie, but I'd rather spend my money on other products. I still use the coconut hair milk and honey hair mask.

La Colocha

I had a sample of the Olive You a while back, it was reaaally nice but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. I have a couple MHC products and they're pretty nice. I'm a junkie, but I'd rather spend my money on other products. I still use the coconut hair milk and honey hair mask.

Thank you eisani. Do you think its the honey, that keeps the products for at least a while. I saw them on curl mart but ain't no telling how long they've had the products.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I spent soooo much money on MHC a while back. Didn't like any of it :ohwell:

The Olive You shampoo dried the hell outta my hair and the dc made my hair stringy :confused: I also got a bunch of other masks and moisturizers and none of them impressed me. I used everything on everyone in the house

Me-Relaxed 4ab
DH-natural 4b
DD #1-natural 4a
DD #2-natural 3bc

I was highly disappointed in everything, especially customer service. I sent her an email after baggying with one of her moisturizers because my hair smelled funny as hell and was dry than a mug. She replied with a snippy email pretty much telling me it was my fault because I shouldn't have baggied :huh:

Eisani

I've heard the cust svc wasn't the best when purchasing directly from the MHC site.

LC, I think the honey does act as a preservative in the products.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I love the olive you deep conditioner and honey hair mask. They are both very moisturizing and have no protein in them. I have tried literally all of her deep cons and those are the best by far. I order them directly from myhoneychild so they are as fresh as can be. I can't attest for their customer service because I've never had to use it.

Lucky's Mom

I spent soooo much money on MHC a while back. Didn't like any of it :ohwell:

The Olive You shampoo dried the hell outta my hair and the dc made my hair stringy :confused: I also got a bunch of other masks and moisturizers and none of them impressed me. I used everything on everyone in the house

Me-Relaxed 4ab
DH-natural 4b
DD #1-natural 4a
DD #2-natural 3bc

I was highly disappointed in everything, especially customer service. I sent her an email after baggying with one of her moisturizers because my hair smelled funny as hell and was dry than a mug. She replied with a snippy email pretty much telling me it was my fault because I shouldn't have baggied :huh:

On the first Bolded - Uh - YEA - that is why she will never see me again...

On the second - I had the SAME issue like 2 yrs ago!!!! :sad: I thought it was me! I still remember that smell.....:barf:

I had products that did nothing..... The hair cream went bad in a WEEK. :ohwell:

I was done after that. I like Olive You - but now - I mix everything at home. I don't need her bad attitude or her bad ( as in Moldy) products.:nono:

Lucky's Mom

I've heard the cust svc wasn't the best when purchasing directly from the MHC site.

LC, I think the honey does act as a preservative in the products.

Honey cannot preserve natural products. It alone does have anti - bacterial properties - but mixed into other products will not give the finished product any protection from bacteria or mold growth.

La Colocha

Thank you all for your replies i really appreciate it. I was planning on purchasing from curlmart but they are sold out. I think this is a sign for me to just leave it be. It takes me awhile to use up products, so its just best for me to stick with what im using.:yep:

Ballerina_Bun

I have had a lot of luck with her customer service, in fact nothing but the best.

As for her products, I like almost everything that I have tried from her. I love the Sophia's hair grease. It's a wonderful base to use when adding other oils and butters.

If you want an excellent ends sealer for the winter, mix her Sophia's Hair Grease with some Sheabutter and a tiny bit of black castor oil. For the summer, mix it with something lighter like avocado butter.

I would use her products more, but I have found others that work better. I prefer something with a shelf life that’s a little/ a lot longer then 6 months. I used to use her products during the summer and Kerastase during the winter. I don’t think I will be using MHC products this summer. I’m sticking with what’s working for me right now

Thank you all for your replies i really appreciate it. I was planning on purchasing from curlmart but they are sold out. I think this is a sign for me to just leave it be. It takes me awhile to use up products, so its just best for me to stick with what im using.:yep:

That’s funny. I’ve noticed that when I want to try something really bad and I can’t get it anywhere or it’s sold out or other reasons keep popping up, me and my hair end up not liking it. Maybe it is a sign … who knows …