My hair is driving me nuts

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I cant my hair to do anything i want it to with out some gel intervention. anyone else feel this way or have hair like this. i feel like i cant do anything with it without gel:sad: its very poofy and i cant put conditioner on it and have curls(my texturized ends curl but not my roots) Sometimes i feel a bit hair inferior because i cant have easy curls and need "goop" to make me feel like my hair looks good.:ohwell:

cant find anything that can hold my naps down quite like gel though. any suggestions?(product or style wise)

~CurlyNikki~

What is your moisturizing regimen? I've found that (over time) the more moisturized my hair is, the more it clumps together. It wasn't until then (properly moisturized hair), that I was able to dump the gel. I stopped using gel back in February or March. My hair feels lighter and the ends feel less crispy.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
my hair is very coarse and tightly coiled. i havent found a moisturizer that can control my hair AND leave it soft. so i mix infusium 23 and scurl and use that to moisturize when i gel my hair back. my hair is soft.

and i mix my conditionerss with salt regularly. it makes my hair soft but not soft enough to wear it without gel