My First Co-Wash

sumertyme08

Hi ladies, as you can see I'm new here :) I've been stalking this forum for quite some time before I actually decided to become "legit" and gain membership. So I've researched co washing to no end, I looked at a ton of the co wash threads etc. So a couple days ago I decided to give it a try. My results were less than amazing. A little about my hair... I THINK I'm 3c/4a, I'm relaxed and approximately 6 weeks post & i'm at APL. Here is what I did:

• Wet my hair
  • Applied Tea Tree & Shea Butter Conditioners by Organix
  • Applied a shower cap to my head and sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes
  • Took off the cap and got into the shower so the steam could penetrate better
  • Combed thru a few times, normal shedding
  • Applied my glycerin, rosewater, aloe vera juice & peppermint mix to my hair (the lighter mix)
  • Put some aloe vera gel on my edges and on the top to give it a smooth finish after drying
  • I ended by putting a silk scarf around the front of my head to smooth down my edges and the top to prepare it for my buns.
I'm not sure if it's the products used, or if it was my method but my hair was a bit dry after it air dried and not very soft.

I just wanted to know if some of you ladies may be able to give me some tips on getting that silky smooth end result. THANKS!!!

Dommo

Did you even wash the conditioner out? I don't see that listed in your steps. If not, that is def the reason. Also, I think you are putting way to much stuff in your hair afterwards. IMO, relaxed hair reacts different than natural hair when using too many products and It also could be the glycerin; I know my hair hates too much glycerin...

Next time try co-washing with a light conditioner and applying a light leave-in. Less is more.

Hope that helps

joib

I didn't see the washing the conditioner out either. If you didn't, that was too many products on the hair.