My Co-Wash Version

janeemat

I have never really gotten into the co-wash thing, but after my protein overload on the weekend I needed to add some serious moisture back to my hair. So, this week I have co-washed twice! Some may not call it cowashing, but here is what I did. Monday night I applied vatika coconut oil throughout my hair. Then I parted my hair with my fingers adding Naturals Key Aloe Vera and Avocoda conditioner from roots to tips on dry hair. I put my hair in three braids and put on a plastic cap. Tuesday morning in the shower I rinsed it out and the tangles just melted. My hair was soooo soft, I did not want to put any other cond on top of that. So I just added my leave ins (Rusk Smoother and Baba de Caracol) with a little Vatika Coconut oil and did my one braid and scarf. I did this again last night and got the same fabulous results this morning. I think this is how I am going to do my cowashes. On Sat I plan to do my regular wash, deep conditioner and rollerset on 5 months post hair.

princessdi

I wouldn't call it co-washing but more of an overnight deepconditioning treatment, which always works great for me. If it works and you like the way it makes your hair feel, I would keep doing what you're doing.:yep:

Which products are you using (either of these)?

(1) Dominican Hair Product Naturals Key Aloe Vera and Avocado Treatment Conditioner

(2) TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner, Aloe Vera and Avocado

Last edited:

janeemat

This one!
(1) Dominican Hair Product Naturals Key Aloe Vera and Avocado Treatment Conditioner.

And your hair is gorgeous!

virtuenow

That's very close to how I do my cowashes now. I spray aloe vera juiice/jojoba oil on my dry hair and coat w/evco (Chicoro's leave in recipe). Then I put conditiner on top of that-- aubrey organics gpb. I put a plastic cap on for 15min or so. Then I rinse and my hair feels like butter. Then I do a quick oil rinse w/ castor oil n leave a little in. Very moist-- but this is my version of a co wash.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Last edited:

janeemat

That's very close to how I do my cowashes now. I spray aloe vera juiice/jojoba oil on my dry hair and coat w/evco. Then I put conditiner on top of that-- aubrey organics gpb. I put a plastic cap on for 15min or so. Then I rinse and my hair feels like butter. Then I do a quick oil rinse w/ castor oil n leave a little in. Very moist-- but this is my version of a co wash.

Sounds good to me! You have beautiful thick hair.

princessdi

I wouldn't call it co-washing but rather deep conditioning, which always works great for me. If it works for you, I'd keep doing what you're doing.

Are you using any of these products?

Dominican Hair Product Naturals Key Aloe Vera and Avocado Treatment Conditioner

TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner, Aloe Vera and Avocado