My first 12 week stretch

rdm

When I first joined the boards last year, I was inspired to stretch for 8 weeks. It was not easy, but I did it (I normally go 6 weeks). Then, the second time, I decided to go 12 weeks. Well, I was pleasantly surprised, I am a little past APL. The best part was that I did not need a trim!!! My stylist was so impressed with how I had taken care of my ends and said that I could go another 6- 8 weeks before I trim. So, far, I have gone 20 weeks without a trim.

I don't think I will go 12 weeks again. I think that I will only stretch 8-10 weeks for now. Although I went 12 weeks, I did not look cute!!!

I am a 4a/4b combo, with mostly 4b. Some 4bs just can't and shouldn't stretch for a long time...

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Congratulations! I'll bet your hair looks great! I'm attempting my first twelve week stretch, hopefully my new growth will have mercy on me :)

AmyInAtl

I just did my 1st 12 week stretch as well, relaxed 3/16.........
will do it again
cheapy CON, slathered onto dry hair, bun, and go saved me, shower detangling, w/ a lite protein tx, airdry, every 3 days, and rpt
weeks 8-12, i had to add jojoba oil and cones to the cheapy CON, and continued to add to dry hair and go......:):):):).

locabouthair

congrats! im 4b too. im almost 10 weeks post. i agree with u, while i could prevent the breakage, my hair styles didnt look all that great because my roots are really kinky.

Tee

Congrats! I decided to let 12 weeks be my max. I agree with you, I start looking "Not so cute" toward the end of the stretch.

janeemat

rdm said:
When I first joined the boards last year, I was inspired to stretch for 8 weeks. It was not easy, but I did it (I normally go 6 weeks). Then, the second time, I decided to go 12 weeks. Well, I was pleasantly surprised, I am a little past APL. The best part was that I did not need a trim!!! My stylist was so impressed with how I had taken care of my ends and said that I could go another 6- 8 weeks before I trim. So, far, I have gone 20 weeks without a trim.

I don't think I will go 12 weeks again. I think that I will only stretch 8-10 weeks for now. Although I went 12 weeks, I did not look cute!!!

I am a 4a/4b combo, with mostly 4b. Some 4bs just can't and shouldn't stretch for a long time...

Congrats girl! I know how excited you are because I did my first 12 wks stretch last month and I had a new head of hair. I plan to add 2 wks to try to reach 14wks just for the heck of it. I did struggle for awhile with the way my hair looked, but then soon realized that ng was not going to act like relaxed hair. I opt for rollersets that I would just finger comb. This helped hide the ng. I do think 12 wks will be my finality!

texasgrl

I go to 12 weeks to. It can be sooooooooo hard but is also very rewarding I am always lik:eek: :D when I rinse that relaxer out.